LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Players you'd trade back into the 1st to get

Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Probably one of the hardest drafts in years to answer this question. First round talent will be available in the second round and the 3rd round will have a lot of high quality talent to develop as well which means you better be sure on the guy you're trading up for if you're going to give up picks.

The hard part though is that it's so hard to tell who is going to go where, and who might drop towards the bottom of the first

At this point I would be reluctant to trade up unless we previously traded down to pick up some extra picks first.

Yup
Originally posted by jimrat:
I would love to trade back into first round and grab Corey Davis

This

Or Patrick Mahomes problem is i keep hearing this dude might not even make it out of the top 15 before being selected. I dont think we would get enough amo to get a PBA + someone like Mahomes if his stock keeps on rising

Trade down take Haason Reddick around #10 trade back up for Corey Davis
  • fan49
  • Veteran
mahomes, davis. no de because i think willis is better than anyone late in the 1st or in the second
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'd offer Bowman to Pittsburgh to get back into the 1st round if Lil Mac still available !!
Yes if Corey davis or McCaffrey are stilling around 25. Trade back in and get davis
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
I'd offer Bowman to Pittsburgh to get back into the 1st round if Lil Mac still available !!

Now if we trade a player like bowman. And our 2nd then I'm cool with that.
We need to get the best Leo possible so I wanted mind a small jump for whoever we grade out highest even if the class is loaded.
Corey Davis. In a heartbeat. IMHO I feel he will have the best NFL career out of all the other WR's. Dude is a beast.
Plan A
Foster at #2. Maybe not worth the #2 but hey, it's where we pick.
Then move back into the 1st to get Barnett.
Defensive front 7 would be set for years.
Plan B
Hooker at #2 (obvious talent but like Trubisky was only a one year starter so not sure he is worth it at #2)
Move back up in 1st for Mahomes if that is Shanny's guy

Originally posted by 9moon:

????
  • All22
  • Veteran
It's almost always worth trading up into the first if you're at the top of the second. The extra year on the rookie contract could be huge (especially for a QB).
I feel like the ebb of round one will have plenty of solid options
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
We need to get one of the top edge rushers, if we pass on Thomas and go for a Corner or Offensive tackle early , I would hope we would get in position to grab Taco Charlton or Derek Barnett , because we have to come away with at least 2 quality edge rusgers

This

Agree - Taco is going to be an impact player
Share 49ersWebzone