LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

Who is your sleeper?

Josh Dobbs. Hoping he is the QB we draft.
Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
He is my second ranked WR in this class.

Do you have Davis or Williams #1? I used to have Davis #1 but Williams is just a man. I did my homework and Williams is just going to be able to contribute no matter what because he can shield people with his large frame and huge catch radius. I also just learned he is ambidextrous. That is a big deal when you aren't single hand dominate.

I actually have Davis #1. Williams worry's me. The amount of contested balls he saw tells me he is going to see a lot more in the pros, and even though he excels at catching the contested balls, i would rather they not be contested to begin with.

I see a Crabtree type ceiling from Williams, which is not necessarily a bad thing, Williams is my #3 in this draft.
Dashawn hall Texas A&M dude is gonna be a steal in the 4th. Same size as Garett. Willams RB from Utah. 5 or 6th round
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Jerod Evans, Luani Shalom, Eddie Vanderdoes
Visit my mock draft.
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Apr 19, 2017 at 11:43 AM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JBrack:
He is my second ranked WR in this class.

Do you have Davis or Williams #1? I used to have Davis #1 but Williams is just a man. I did my homework and Williams is just going to be able to contribute no matter what because he can shield people with his large frame and huge catch radius. I also just learned he is ambidextrous. That is a big deal when you aren't single hand dominate.

I actually have Davis #1. Williams worry's me. The amount of contested balls he saw tells me he is going to see a lot more in the pros, and even though he excels at catching the contested balls, i would rather they not be contested to begin with.

I see a Crabtree type ceiling from Williams, which is not necessarily a bad thing, Williams is my #3 in this draft.

Davis is a beast. He's such a saavy route runner and his after-the-catch game reminds me of T.O.

Imo, so many contested balls stemmed from Deshaun Watson'a weak and inaccurate arm..

Williams reminds me way more I've Mike Evans tbh

Corey Davis has T.O. potential I think either are can't miss.
Originally posted by TOtheGreat:
Dashawn hall Texas A&M dude is gonna be a steal in the 4th. Same size as Garett. Willams RB from Utah. 5 or 6th round

Daeshon* but heck yes on this, dude could be a beast
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by SanFranDan21:
For me, it is a mid-round prospect named Derik Rivers, DE from Youngstown State University. The Yorks and Debartlo's grew up in the metro Youngstown area, as did I. This is the reason I became a 49ers fan. The team has a 'secondary HQ' in the area and is why the team in the past has stayed in the East when they had games back-to-back against lets say the Browns and Steelers. I grew up about 10 miles away from their offices there. One day, my dad took me to their offices and they were nice enough to give us a tour. Its nothing like their Santa Clara office of course, but it was still kinda cool.
Anyway, Derik Rivers: As a senior, he totaled 58 tackles with 19.5 tackles for a loss, 14 sacks, one forced fumble and one pass batted. Rivers showed his pass-rush skills with eight sacks as a junior and 13 as a sophomore. He is 6'4 and 248 lbs. Good size and ran fairly fast at the combine. I think he will end up being one of the steals in this draft if he is indeed drafted in the 4-5th rounds, as projected.

As a side note, I really like what the front office is doing so far. Yes they could have brought in slightly more talented players at the WR position and others. However, by signing still good talent that ALSO knows the Offense is important. This way, these veterans can, in addition to the coaching staff, teach and mentor the young guys that come via the draft and help them pick up the offense even quicker. They are looking at more long-term investments then 'right now' types to build this team, and I agree.

As for the draft, I hope we land either Hooker or Baker at FS, Rivers at DE, a quality WR and RB for depth and to install a two-type of RB's that Kyle had in Atlanta. I would love it if they could trade down though and get more picks. But I would also trade the #2 for Cousins. If we dont get him this year, hold off on a QB or draft a prospect in Round 4 or 5 and plan to get our QB in 2018 with either Cousins or a QB in the 2018 draft class which is said to be much better. If they could do a Madden 16 and get 5 1st round picks, 5 second round picks, and 4 third round picks, well, that would be great! LOL!!!---What? What? It could happen!! lol.

I have to say though I have not been this excited during the offseason and leading up to the draft in some time.

Anyway, it is great being a part of the 49ers Universe and to be talking with such loyal fans! Go 49ers!

Go Niners!

Derek*
Absolutely. He's my favorite Leo in the draft, I hope we take him.. only reason I didn't say him is bc he's not getting slept on too much anymore, could go 1st round!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Jalen Reeves-Maybin seems like he would be the perfect will for us.

Everytime I look at his video it makes me want him more. Seems just as violent as Foster.

Would love he and Foster in the middle.

QB Josh Dobbs
RB Kareem Hunt
WR Amba Etta Tawo
CB Shaquill Griffin
Few guys that will likely go day 3 and should make impacts.
Aaron Jones
I'm sort of digging that Garrett guy
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I'm sort of digging that Garrett guy

May be worth a look with our 7th rounder if we don't want to have competition to sign him as an UDFA.
Krishawn Hogan, WR, Marian

and I finally found some good film for him

http://instantscoutingtv.com/view?q=57a7c700d5b7e.flv
[ Edited by 49erInTheMidwest on Apr 18, 2017 at 7:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone