LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Who is your sleeper?

Who is going to jump up the board that nobody else has, just one sleeper you believe in.

For me it Chris Godwin going late first early 2nd.
[ Edited by JBrack on Apr 17, 2017 at 7:23 PM ]
Originally posted by JBrack:
Who is going to jump up the board that nobody else has, just one sleeper you believe in.

For me it Chris Godwin going late first early 2nd.

I could see the 49ers drafting Godwin in the second if available.

I have a first round grade on him and think he has a chance to be the best WR in this class.
Devonte Fields
Blair Brown - though not sure he's much of a sleeper at this point.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I have a first round grade on him and think he has a chance to be the best WR in this class.

You inspired this post my friend. Bold pick by you and I definitely agree. He has all of the tools. In the webzone mock draft he went at the end of the third round. I tried like hell to trade up to no avail. Once he was taken I said then he would be a second round pick bottom line.
Fish Smithson, FS, Kansas projected 6th rounder.. I've seen him as high as ranked #100
Id tell ya, but then they'd get taken from me in the mock draft thread
I think Travin Dural will end up starting for an NFL team. Would love to grab him with one of our 6th round picks.

You inspired this post my friend. Bold pick by you and I definitely agree. He has all of the tools. In the webzone mock draft he went at the end of the third round. I tried like hell to trade up to no avail. Once he was taken I said then he would be a second round pick bottom line.

He is my second ranked WR in this class.
He is my second ranked WR in this class.

Do you have Davis or Williams #1? I used to have Davis #1 but Williams is just a man. I did my homework and Williams is just going to be able to contribute no matter what because he can shield people with his large frame and huge catch radius. I also just learned he is ambidextrous. That is a big deal when you aren't single hand dominate.
[ Edited by JBrack on Apr 17, 2017 at 8:00 PM ]

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Id tell ya, but then they'd get taken from me in the mock draft thread

Do you have Davis or Williams #1? I used to have Davis #1 but Williams is just a man. I did my homework and Williams is just going to be able to contribute no matter what because he can shield people with his large frame and huge catch radius. I also just learned he is ambidextrous. That is a big deal when you aren't single hand dominate.

Said it since the beginning...
Williams > Davis
Especially bc injury
For me, it is a mid-round prospect named Derik Rivers, DE from Youngstown State University. The Yorks and Debartlo's grew up in the metro Youngstown area, as did I. This is the reason I became a 49ers fan. The team has a 'secondary HQ' in the area and is why the team in the past has stayed in the East when they had games back-to-back against lets say the Browns and Steelers. I grew up about 10 miles away from their offices there. One day, my dad took me to their offices and they were nice enough to give us a tour. Its nothing like their Santa Clara office of course, but it was still kinda cool.
Anyway, Derik Rivers: As a senior, he totaled 58 tackles with 19.5 tackles for a loss, 14 sacks, one forced fumble and one pass batted. Rivers showed his pass-rush skills with eight sacks as a junior and 13 as a sophomore. He is 6'4 and 248 lbs. Good size and ran fairly fast at the combine. I think he will end up being one of the steals in this draft if he is indeed drafted in the 4-5th rounds, as projected.

As a side note, I really like what the front office is doing so far. Yes they could have brought in slightly more talented players at the WR position and others. However, by signing still good talent that ALSO knows the Offense is important. This way, these veterans can, in addition to the coaching staff, teach and mentor the young guys that come via the draft and help them pick up the offense even quicker. They are looking at more long-term investments then 'right now' types to build this team, and I agree.

As for the draft, I hope we land either Hooker or Baker at FS, Rivers at DE, a quality WR and RB for depth and to install a two-type of RB's that Kyle had in Atlanta. I would love it if they could trade down though and get more picks. But I would also trade the #2 for Cousins. If we dont get him this year, hold off on a QB or draft a prospect in Round 4 or 5 and plan to get our QB in 2018 with either Cousins or a QB in the 2018 draft class which is said to be much better. If they could do a Madden 16 and get 5 1st round picks, 5 second round picks, and 4 third round picks, well, that would be great! LOL!!!---What? What? It could happen!! lol.

I have to say though I have not been this excited during the offseason and leading up to the draft in some time.

Anyway, it is great being a part of the 49ers Universe and to be talking with such loyal fans! Go 49ers!
Zay Jones
Originally posted by SanFranDan21:
For me, it is a mid-round prospect named Derik Rivers, DE from Youngstown State University. The Yorks and Debartlo's grew up in the metro Youngstown area, as did I. This is the reason I became a 49ers fan. The team has a 'secondary HQ' in the area and is why the team in the past has stayed in the East when they had games back-to-back against lets say the Browns and Steelers. I grew up about 10 miles away from their offices there. One day, my dad took me to their offices and they were nice enough to give us a tour. Its nothing like their Santa Clara office of course, but it was still kinda cool.
Anyway, Derik Rivers: As a senior, he totaled 58 tackles with 19.5 tackles for a loss, 14 sacks, one forced fumble and one pass batted. Rivers showed his pass-rush skills with eight sacks as a junior and 13 as a sophomore. He is 6'4 and 248 lbs. Good size and ran fairly fast at the combine. I think he will end up being one of the steals in this draft if he is indeed drafted in the 4-5th rounds, as projected.

As a side note, I really like what the front office is doing so far. Yes they could have brought in slightly more talented players at the WR position and others. However, by signing still good talent that ALSO knows the Offense is important. This way, these veterans can, in addition to the coaching staff, teach and mentor the young guys that come via the draft and help them pick up the offense even quicker. They are looking at more long-term investments then 'right now' types to build this team, and I agree.

As for the draft, I hope we land either Hooker or Baker at FS, Rivers at DE, a quality WR and RB for depth and to install a two-type of RB's that Kyle had in Atlanta. I would love it if they could trade down though and get more picks. But I would also trade the #2 for Cousins. If we dont get him this year, hold off on a QB or draft a prospect in Round 4 or 5 and plan to get our QB in 2018 with either Cousins or a QB in the 2018 draft class which is said to be much better. If they could do a Madden 16 and get 5 1st round picks, 5 second round picks, and 4 third round picks, well, that would be great! LOL!!!---What? What? It could happen!! lol.

I have to say though I have not been this excited during the offseason and leading up to the draft in some time.

Anyway, it is great being a part of the 49ers Universe and to be talking with such loyal fans! Go 49ers!

Go Niners!
Share 49ersWebzone