ESPN Draft Simulation - 49ers

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Pretty funny stuff right there.

That was awesome! Thanks Rascal
It's pretty cool how they do that.
Would love this if it happened
That was cool.
Was a pretty interesting video, even if it was pretty goofy with the phones and essentially football LARPing. I was thinking that if the Jets wanted Trubs that bad, I'd rather force them to trade us their 2018 1st than a 2017 2nd. If it's for a QB they think will be a franchise QB, it makes sense to squeeze them.
[ Edited by shmuck on Apr 16, 2017 at 11:29 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
That was awesome! Thanks Rascal

No worries, you are welcome.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Was a pretty interesting video, even if it was pretty goofy with the phones and pretending to be the FO. I was thinking that if the Jets wanted Trubs that bad, I'd rather force them to trade us their 2018 1st than a 2017 2nd. If it's for a QB they think will be a franchise QB, it makes sense to squeeze them.

Jets aren't trading up. They might trade down, but not up. Was still interesting though. I agree with their thinking. If there's 4-5 guys we like and all that's being offered is a 2nd round pick and you're not going to miss out on all of them then there's no harm in taking it even if it's not as much as you'd like.
Thinking us(9ers) calling a team for a trade down sound h*lla dumb makes us look weak and gives tha edge to another team...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Thinking us(9ers) calling a team for a trade down sound h*lla dumb makes us look weak and gives tha edge to another team...

I don't get why that would make us appear "weak"? That's what teams do when nobody is calling them.

Originally posted by Heroism:

I don't get why that would make us appear "weak"? That's what teams do when nobody is calling them.

U look weak because u give that other team tha leverage... Ur calling them u lose the power of negotiation..If a team is calling u to trade up u have tha power/leverage if ur tha team calling them to trade down no power no leverage =weak ...just how I see it...
U look weak because u give that other team tha leverage... Ur calling them u lose the power of negotiation..If a team is calling u to trade up u have tha power/leverage if ur tha team calling them to trade down no power no leverage =weak ...just how I see it...

Except you never had leverage in the first place because nobody was calling you.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Don't agree with any of the stuff Bill Polian had to say with Thomas and Hooker.

If is safety, I am going with Adams who falls within the 9ers' new mantra of going for players with extreme physicality. Plus, the guy is a great leader on the field.

On top of that, I will not shoot down Foster, again due to his extreme physicality.
  • All22
  • Veteran
That sounds about right. I'd be fine with any pick in the top 12. At the absolutely worst we end up with McCaffery or Cam Robinson at 12 and some extra day 2 picks for a talented guy who slides... (Weatherspoon, Baker, Willis, Watt, Bowser, Mixon etc.)
Originally posted by Heroism:

Except you never had leverage in the first place because nobody was calling you.

Then u stay strong make tha pick dont trade but by no means do u call anyone to trade down...again just how I see it...
Share 49ersWebzone