LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Josh Reynolds WR Texas A&M

I was listening to the niner podcast, they had Matt Waldman from Rookie Scouting Portfolio on and he has Reynolds rated higher than Mike Williams!

That got the juices flowing, similar size, though Reynolds is thinner, but he looks smoother in his routes and has an incredible catch radius.

Great production in a tough division

2016 61 catches 1,039 yds & 13 TD's

30 TD's in 3 years

Don't like Highlights but still

One of my favorite in the class, especially since we need height in a ZWR. If not Davis or Williams... Golladay, Reynolds, Godwin, and Krishawn Hogan are my choices
Sports science compares his to tyrell Williams of the Chargers...I'd take tha production for a day 3 prospect.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Would be nice to come away in this draft with Josh Reynolds and Zay Jones or Curtis Samuel.

This is probably one of the best receiving class in all the years I've been watching the draft.

1. Corey Davis
2. Mike Williams
3. Curtis Samuel
4. John Ross (And no not because of his 40 time)
5. Cooper Kupp
6. Zay Jones
7. Chad Hansen
8. Josh Reynolds
9. Ju Ju Smith-Schuster
10. Carlos Henderson
11. Ryan Switzer
12. Travis Rudolph
13. Mack Hollins
14. Noah Brown
15. Chris Godwin

This isn't really a rankings but more of the group of receivers I actually hope they draft.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Would be nice to come away in this draft with Josh Reynolds and Zay Jones or Curtis Samuel.

This is probably one of the best receiving class in all the years I've been watching the draft.

1. Corey Davis
2. Mike Williams
3. Curtis Samuel
5. Cooper Kupp
6. Zay Jones
7. Chad Hansen
8. Josh Reynolds
9. Ju Ju Smith-Schuster
10. Carlos Henderson
11. Ryan Switzer
12. Travis Rudolph
13. Mack Hollins
14. Noah Brown
15. Chris Godwin

This isn't really a rankings but more of the group of receivers I actually hope they draft.

no robert davis on that list? josh malone? malachi dupre?
Originally posted by krizay:

1. Corey Davis
2. Mike Williams
3. Curtis Samuel
5. Cooper Kupp
6. Zay Jones
7. Chad Hansen
8. Josh Reynolds
9. Ju Ju Smith-Schuster
10. Carlos Henderson
11. Ryan Switzer
12. Travis Rudolph
13. Mack Hollins
14. Noah Brown
15. Chris Godwin

Or Kenny Golladay?
Scott Biscoff, draft breakdown says that he rates him above a prospect talked about in the top 15.

Matt Waldman says that he dropped him to the 3rd best WR, before changing him back to #2!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattwaldman/status/842486619882078209
I invite all to board the Reynolds train, we can say we told them so later!
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I invite all to board the Reynolds train, we can say we told them so later!

Good jump ball catcher, red zone threat, and has a 2nd gear on the long balls.

I can see him having issues getting off the line due to a lack of strength. He's not very quick, needs to work on routing running, and his hands are questionable.

I mean I'd be all over him in the 4th rd though.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 16, 2017 at 12:45 PM ]
Would not complain 1 bit about him in the draft

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I can see him having issues getting off the line due to a lack of strength. He's not very quick, needs to work on routing running, and his hands are questionable.

He looks to have great technique getting off the line though, can be just as useful. It looked to me like the OC planned to use him deep to open up the underneath for Kirk, when he does run different routes they look crisp, especially Comebacks
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He looks to have great technique getting off the line though, can be just as useful. It looked to me like the OC planned to use him deep to open up the underneath for Kirk, when he does run different routes they look crisp, especially Comebacks

Basically what I was saying...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-josh-reynolds-wr-texas-am/

I like him a lot but I understand why he's not a top 5 wr in this class...would be a top end pick in the mid rds

Also I'd take him in the 4th vs someone like Samuel in the 2nd all day
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 16, 2017 at 1:46 PM ]
Been on my wishlist. If he can put on some weight, he'll be a stud
We need big body's to compete with Smelter, Rogers in camp.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Originally posted by krizay:

1. Corey Davis
2. Mike Williams
3. Curtis Samuel
5. Cooper Kupp
6. Zay Jones
7. Chad Hansen
8. Josh Reynolds
9. Ju Ju Smith-Schuster
10. Carlos Henderson
11. Ryan Switzer
12. Travis Rudolph
13. Mack Hollins
14. Noah Brown
15. Chris Godwin

Or Kenny Golladay?

I like Malone and Golladay and like I said in my post, this is probably the best class I've seen since watching the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone