LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Would you trade #2 and Brooks for Trumaine Johnson and Aaron Donald?

I don't think they would take Brooks , but I would try to work out a deal for Donald , I'd offer them Armstead, a 3rd and a 5th, for Donald and their 4th rounder

they get a lineman with an upside to avoid losing depth for their D-Line , and 2 precious picks, since they don't have many picks due to the Goff trade, and we get a top lineman that will be a 3 down force for us, and we keep our first 2 picks, and a draft pick to soften the blow of losing our 3rd and 5th round picks , our 3rd rounder is like a late 2nd, and Armstead is still young and has room to grow and improve, if they don't agree, then no biggie, nothing wrong with gauging interest to see if they would accept that deal ...hey, it would be worth a shot
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Apr 12, 2017 at 10:04 AM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
No way. Ignoring the fact that Donald only has 2 more years left on his rookie deal, the #2 is too valuable. Mitch or Myles are guys who can turn your entire franchise around.

wtf?

Hell yes you do it. #2 has a lot of value but it's still an unknown player you're drafting and there are no guarantees.

If you can get two elite players at positions of need that you know can not only play in the NFL but at a high level you damn well do it...especially when we still have a ton of cap space.

How is this even a question?

Have to agree. This would be a no brainer and there isnt a chance in hell the Rams would do it.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
I don't understand why the Rams would even consider this. Lol Smoke - that must be some really good ish you got right now haha.
Seriously, what kind of question is this? You could make a case that Aaron Donald is one of the 10 best players in the NFL. Why in blazing hell are they going to trade him for the #2 overall pick? And Ahmad Brooks? Is that a joke? Dude is 33-years-old and counts like $8.5M against the cap this year.

What on earth kind of topic is this? Is this just a troll topic or something to see who takes the bait?
Horrible deal.

Aaron Donald is leaving for FA next year.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Why would the Rams give up their two best YOUNG players for an aging veteran and a draft pick that might bust?

Trumaine already might get dealt on draft day..
They don't have the best cap space and they need picks! Brooks would be there to help install the 3-4 since Quinn has been dealing with injuries and Barwin isn't a long term player for them Anyhoot. They get to take Thomas/Allen and get a cornerstone for their 3-4.

Allen-Brockers-Easley for base.
Brooks/Barwin-Brockers-Allen-Quinn on pass downs.

I don't understand why the Rams would even consider this. Lol Smoke - that must be some really good ish you got right now haha.

To get a younger cornerstone like Jonathan Allen for their 3-4. Rams AND us are bringing him in for a visit. Rams don't have a first round pick doe. Hmmmm....

And please believe I was high when I posted that.. It helps creative minds for further creativity Haven't found anyone to make some tracks with in the studio yet.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I don't think they would take Brooks , but I would try to work out a deal for Donald , I'd offer them Armstead, a 3rd and a 5th, for Donald and their 4th rounder

they get a lineman with an upside to avoid losing depth for their D-Line , and 2 precious picks, since they don't have many picks due to the Goff trade, and we get a top lineman that will be a 3 down force for us, and we keep our first 2 picks, and a draft pick to soften the blow of losing our 3rd and 5th round picks , our 3rd rounder is like a late 2nd, and Armstead is still young and has room to grow and improve, if they don't agree, then no biggie, nothing wrong with gauging interest to see if they would accept that deal ...hey, it would be worth a shot

I think the only way this happens is IF they can get the #2 and take Allen. Buckner,Brooks for Donald and Johnson?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Why would the Rams give up their two best YOUNG players for an aging veteran and a draft pick that might bust?

They don't have the best cap space and they need picks! Brooks would be there to help install the 3-4 since Quinn has been dealing with injuries and Barwin isn't a long term player for them Anyhoot. They get to take Thomas/Allen and get a cornerstone for their 3-4.

To get a younger cornerstone like Jonathan Allen for their 3-4. Rams AND us are bringing him in for a visit. Rams don't have a first round pick doe. Hmmmm....

And please believe I was high when I posted that.. It helps creative minds for further creativity Haven't found anyone to make some tracks with in the studio yet.

NFL teams don't trade Pro Bowl caliber players (i.e. Donald) for has beens (i.e. Brooks) and hope (Allen or whomever else they take at #2).
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

NFL teams don't trade Pro Bowl caliber players (i.e. Donald) for has beens (i.e. Brooks) and hope (Allen or whomever else they take at #2).

Brooks is on a contract year and will help them in run downs pass rushing, at worst depth..he's a throw in that can contribute on the Rams. And with Donald, you're gonna have to eventually pay him what? 15+ million, with Allen they can pay him less than half and win the rest of the money be able to sign another starter. And Allen has the potential to be a better overall 3 down player for them compared to Donald.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 12, 2017 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Boss, Boss, D plane, D plane.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Boss, Boss, D plane, D plane.

The reality is Trumaine is being shopped cause he most likely walks next year... let's leave him out of this doe.

#2&Brooks,Beadles for Donald?

Originally posted by genus49:
No way. Ignoring the fact that Donald only has 2 more years left on his rookie deal, the #2 is too valuable. Mitch or Myles are guys who can turn your entire franchise around.

wtf?

Hell yes you do it. #2 has a lot of value but it's still an unknown player you're drafting and there are no guarantees.

Playing it safe doesn't win Super Bowls. Aaron Donald isn't guaranteed to be a franchise quarterback. If you have a shot at one like Trubisky, you take it.

And yes, you have a guarantee that Myles Garrett will be a great player. He could get injured like anyone else can, but the guy's a sure thing. 5 years of Garrett > 2 years of Donald.
Playing it safe doesn't win Super Bowls. Aaron Donald isn't guaranteed to be a franchise quarterback. If you have a shot at one like Trubisky, you take it.

And yes, you have a guarantee that Myles Garrett will be a great player. He could get injured like anyone else can, but the guy's a sure thing. 5 years of Garrett > 2 years of Donald.

Garrett is not a sure thing. We have seen a ton of blue chip/sure things crash and burn. The draft is a crapshoot. Donald and Johnson are proven NFL players.

We have plenty of salary cap space so not sure why you're all about that 2 years of Donald deal. We're also not getting Garrett so no need to worry about that either way.

I took this as a hypothetical scenario because that trade would never happen but the fact that you're against it blows my mind.

Drafting Trubisky doesn't guarantee anything. I'll trust Kyle Shanahan's QB evaluations over yours. If he takes him at #2 that's great I'll look forward to seeing him develop.

You said playing it safe doesn't win Super Bowls. Isn't taking QB in round 1 playing it safe? Why not we wait til the 2nd round or 3rd round to draft one? That's even less safe, surely that will get us a SB win?
why do people assume we can just throw in our aging, overpayed veterans and other teams will want to consider them value?

brooks will barely get you a 7th pick, the trade value does not change at all if we add brooks, he doesnt add anything.
This is joke page! Hey mods. Please lock this now!! This is page stupid thread.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
This is joke page! Hey mods. Please lock this now!! This is page stupid thread.

This sounds like a line from a spongebob episode.
Share 49ersWebzone