LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Would you trade #2 and Brooks for Trumaine Johnson and Aaron Donald?

Straight up?
No way. Ignoring the fact that Donald only has 2 more years left on his rookie deal, the #2 is too valuable. Mitch or Myles are guys who can turn your entire franchise around.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
No way. Ignoring the fact that Donald only has 2 more years left on his rookie deal, the #2 is too valuable. Mitch or Myles are guys who can turn your entire franchise around.

What if they throw in next years 2nd&3rd. 4th this year.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 12, 2017 at 2:35 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Still wouldn't do it. As I pointed out: Donald's rookie deal has 2 more years. You get the #2 pick for 5 years.

Still wouldn't do it. As I pointed out: Donald's rookie deal has 2 more years. You get the #2 pick for 5 years.

Not a guarantee they pan out to Donald's status. And Trumaine would give us a day one CB.

Not a guarantee they pan out to Donald's status. And Trumaine would give us a day one CB.

I like the Niners' CBs, though. I like them a lot (think Redmond was a steal).

It's true that trading for Donald would be safer than drafting a QB (I think Myles is a pretty safe pick, though). But safe picks aren't gonna get the Niners from the toilet to SB contention. You've gotta take some risks. And Myles & Mitch both pose a much higher reward, potentially.

wtf?

Hell yes you do it. #2 has a lot of value but it's still an unknown player you're drafting and there are no guarantees.

If you can get two elite players at positions of need that you know can not only play in the NFL but at a high level you damn well do it...especially when we still have a ton of cap space.

How is this even a question?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
if we are planning on staying at #2 aand making a selection then HELL yes you do it for the reasons genus said.

If we are planning on trading down.... then depends on whats on the table.

On the suface: TJ and AD is millions miles better than Brooks and anyone at #2 including MG
Dumb question considering its a divisional rival but to answer the question HELL YES!!!

I don't care if Donald has 1 year left on his rookie deal. Sign him to an extension and give him the money he needs. At the very least you can franshise tag him and get him for 3 years.

Getting an All Pro dt and a good CB >>> the #2 pick with a decent chance to bust
Why would the Rams give up their two best YOUNG players for an aging veteran and a draft pick that might bust?

In a heart beat! No brainer!
I don't understand why the Rams would even consider this. Lol Smoke - that must be some really good ish you got right now haha.
Boss, Boss, D plane, D plane.
Oh no we can't fit Donald under our 70 mil in cap space. Of course you take him.
I still don't think I would do it
Share 49ersWebzone