LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

Best fit in the draft for Sam LB?

Best fit in the draft for Sam LB?

Originally posted by Heroism:
Bowser is the only player in this thread that can check off every role in base and sub of the SAM:

-Been the contain player
-Played off the ball in space
-Covered RBs, TEs and WRs(+slot)
-Pass rushed from the edge

He played the SAM position to a tee at Houston. Oh yea, he's also one of the best athletes in his position group. The guy is the archetype for this type of defense.

The term "athletic freak" has officially been used too much.
So base downs in the Stack.. 30% of the time coverage
Nickel, 70% of the time?

Thoughts on Lynch at this 70% of the time SAM spot? Since it's just rushing the passer?
Bowser is the only player in this thread that can check off every role in base and sub of the SAM:

-Been the contain player

He played the SAM position to a tee at Houston. Oh yea, he's also one of the best athletes in his position group. The guy is the archetype for this type of defense.

I hope he's right, because the Seahawks won't win another Super Bowl until they start building that line up for Russ.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
I hope he's right, because the Seahawks won't win another Super Bowl until they start building that line up for Russ.

Lol
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Wow no love for Haason Reddick

Reddick was timed at 4.52 in the 40-yard dash, 7.01 in the 3-cone drill and 4.37 in the 60-yard shuttle. He posted 24 reps on the bench press, a 36.5-inch vertical leap and 11-foot, 1-inch broad jump

Reddick finished tied for third in the nation with 22.5 tackles for loss, including 10.5 sacks, in 2016

How can u over look that

Reddick i think is the perfect pick from anyone in the class. From the poll Watt is the best choice.

Given best fit and where we may have a chance to draft him I think Bowser is the best choice because if we want Reddick he has to be drafted with our first pick.

I see no problem trading back and taken Reddick between picks 8-10 he can do it all cover ,rush tha QB set tha edge
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

-Been the contain player

The term "athletic freak" has officially been used too much.

Athletic freak = drafted to high turns into a bust...
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Of course Seattle will draft him or another DB you fans like.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I think the SAM is going to rush the passer a lot, which is why I went with Willis.

willis is a leo
Willis.

Ryan Anderson is ideal

Originally posted by fan49:
I think the SAM is going to rush the passer a lot, which is why I went with Willis.

willis is a leo

I'd prefer him at the SAM. He could play either one.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Wow no love for Haason Reddick

Reddick was timed at 4.52 in the 40-yard dash, 7.01 in the 3-cone drill and 4.37 in the 60-yard shuttle. He posted 24 reps on the bench press, a 36.5-inch vertical leap and 11-foot, 1-inch broad jump

Reddick finished tied for third in the nation with 22.5 tackles for loss, including 10.5 sacks, in 2016

How can u over look that

He's 230 lbs. that's not a SAM. Now, if we're talking about Mike or Will, *drool* *fap* Reddick is amazing.

My choice: Bowser, but I would love to see if Lawson can play there also, (if we had another viable Elephant 🐘. )
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 11, 2017 at 2:21 PM ]
You're looking at a 80% pass rusher so the coverage responsibilities isn't that big of a deal. Bruce Irvin was actually pretty poor in coverage at college. I'd be fine training Willis there if not Bowser is good too.
Tim Williams in late 2nd to 3rd
Originally posted by bkbkeahi:
Tim Williams in late 2nd to 3rd

H*ll no dude is a dumba$$
Share 49ersWebzone