There are 215 users in the forums

Ishmael Zamora WR

When it comes to athletic ability, this guy might be a first round graded WR. 6'3", 224 pounds, 4.49 forty yard dash, 40" vertical, 11' broad jump. He killed it at his pro day, showed off great hands and sideline reception skills. Obviously coming from Baylor he has some route work to do, but this man can play.

Unfortunately, he has a big red flag... before the 2016 season he was suspended for what he called "disciplining" his dog in a snapchat video.. Not gonna lie the video was pretty bad.. He was suspended for 3 games, received a class C misdemeanor, paid a $500 fine, and was give 40 hours of community service..

I haven't seen anything bad about him before or after this video, but it may push him completely out of the draft. And it may certainly keep him off of the 49ers radar, but this guy can play..

Thoughts on him? Would you gamble on him?

Wow. I am very intrigued on him. He is best at combine and video. He is tall about WR. 6'3", 224 pounds, 4.49 forty yard dash, 40" vertical, 11' broad jump.

I loved about his size tall and jump at 40 vertical and run at 4.43 times. . I hope. We should grab him at 3rd or 4thround. We will steal draft him at 3rd round or 4th round

I really like him better than Mike Williams from Clemson.
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Apr 10, 2017 at 11:53 PM ]
Have you seen the video w his dog? no way he goes in the 2nd, even if he is an athletic animal..
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Have you seen the video w his dog? no way he goes in the 2nd, even if he is an athletic animal..

Pass. One thing to hit another person but to abuse an animal is pretty f'd up.
Originally posted by jcs:
Yeah, he might end up a freak player, but that video was disgusting.. No way he fits in the new regime, I'm sure he'll find a roster though.. I just don't know if he'll ever be respected once that video finds its way into the limelight.. Even worse that he tried to justify it by calling it "discipline"
Originally posted by jcs:

Definitely don't wanna see it now... jee I wonder if he's ever heard of Michael Vick. Gross, its one thing giving an ass whooping to a human for lords sake; a defenseless dog doe is disgusting. I'd sign him if he lets a police dog attack him for 7 seconds and can SEE his truly sorry.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 11, 2017 at 1:08 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
To echo the sentiment of everyone else, they just released a player for domestic violence so the media is diving back into all 15 arrests that happened in the past 5 years.

You really think they are going to draft a player with a criminal past, let alone a violent one? Especially against animals? Please tell me you're trolling.
When it comes to athletic ability, this guy might be a first round graded WR. 6'3", 224 pounds, 4.49 forty yard dash, 40" vertical, 11' broad jump. .....

Unfortunately, he has a big red flag... before the 2016 season he was suspended for what he called "disciplining" his dog in a snapchat video..

Yeah screw that. Odds are that he amounts to nothing in the NFL anyways, let some other team deal with this headcase.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Definitely don't wanna see it now... jee I wonder if he's ever heard of Michael Vick. Gross, its one thing giving an ass whooping to a human for lords sake; a defenseless dog doe is disgusting. I'd sign him if he lets a police dog attack him for 7 seconds and can SEE his truly sorry.

Yeah, you probably don't want to see it.. it's f'd up.
Pro Football Focus compared Baylor WR Ishmael Zamora to Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon.

"They have identical size and speed, with strong effortless hands, but a lack of route running was a big question for Gordon," writes the PFF analysis team. "He was able to take that next step in the NFL (on the field only) and Zamora definitely has that same potential." The 6-foot-3, 220-pounder did not receive an invite to the NFL Scouting Combine due to his animal abuse case from over the summer. During Baylor's pro day earlier this month, Zamora turned in a 40-yard dash in the mid 4.4's, plus a 40-inch vertical jump. He also addressed his off-field troubles, saying, "I'm not an aggressive guy or somebody you have to worry about in the future coming up on TV." Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline views him as an undrafted free agent when all is said and done, but there is a chance that his athletic traits could be enough to induce a team into taking the plunge late on Day 3.

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Yeah, you probably don't want to see it.. it's f'd up.

Definitely won't.. and hopefully we don't see him in our uniform. Let him go to the a Texas team or Seattle.
Philly has demonstrated acceptance of this sort of thing.
I really wanted him for 49ers. He is very worth for WR. He is definitely better than Mike Williams!!
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I really wanted him for 49ers. He is very worth for WR. He is definitely better than Mike Williams!!
disagree, disagree, agree. I love Mike Williams, but Zamora is better.. BUT ABSOLUTELY NO WAY should he be a 49er
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
disagree, disagree, agree. I love Mike Williams, but Zamora is better.. BUT ABSOLUTELY NO WAY should he be a 49er

Look at Mike's Williams has 32.5 Verital Jump. He is tall about 6'4?!No exucse for him .. I am not interested in him. Zamora has 40 Vertical Jump and speed at 4.49. He is tall about 6'3. it's great size. Zamora looked good talent at highlights video. I loved it to look at Zamora's skillful play a WR.
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Apr 12, 2017 at 11:31 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone