LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Ahkello Witherspoon CB 6'3 198 Lbs Colorado

Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
He's a good player.

Upon looking at his film, he makes some good plays and other times the receiver is dropping the ball or ran his route wrong.

I don't think he's a first round talent, but might be worth a look in the 3rd or trade back in to the late 2nd round.

He reminds me of Stanley Jean-Baptiste coming out of Nebraska in 2014 ( drafted in the 2nd rd by the saints ).

That's an insult to Witherspoon tbh

Why is that?

Baptiste was a raw project who was drafted largely on the basis of teams wishing for another Sherman so the Saints figured that this receiver turned CB would be worth it in the 2nd round. Huge bust.

Looks like he visited today
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 11, 2017 at 2:57 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He is very good at Verital Jump. I loved about it.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
He is very good at Verital Jump. I loved about it.

And fast, and 6'3, and covers really well. And might be there when we pick in the third round!
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 11, 2017 at 3:23 PM ]

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

This certainly would be a scheme-fit player.
ayyyy
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Got not problem taken this kid in the 3rd

This kid is a second rounder and may even sneak into late rd 1

I just checked CBSs big board (fwiw) - and he right there for us in the third. Would be STOKED.

Richard Sherman.

Work on tackling and the kid could be a game changer.
Lots to like about this kid in our scheme. One year of football in HS and a year at community college. So lots of room to get better which he has done consistently. Great size, speed, vertical and football IQ. Pre med student that PFF comps to Richard Sherman.

Hopefully he can learn to tackle. 198 lbs seems like a stretch though.
Had this guy in my mock in the 3rd Round: Ahkello Witherspoon, CB Colorado – 6'3" 198lbs – We get taller and more athletic at Corner. He shut down John Ross? Check. Production: Second-Team All-Pac-12, Led the nation with 21 PBUs on the year. Measurables: 4.45 40yard, 40.5" vertical (wtf?! yes, you read that right), 4.13 shuttle (wtf?!). In Witherspoon, Robinson, Ward, Tartt, we're building a scary-ass secondary.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
He's a good player.

Upon looking at his film, he makes some good plays and other times the receiver is dropping the ball or ran his route wrong.

I don't think he's a first round talent, but might be worth a look in the 3rd or trade back in to the late 2nd round.

He reminds me of Stanley Jean-Baptiste coming out of Nebraska in 2014 ( drafted in the 2nd rd by the saints ).

That's an insult to Witherspoon tbh

He's projected to be there at our third round pick. That's where I'd like to see him get drafted. Not sooner.

Well played
Share 49ersWebzone