There are 134 users in the forums

Draft Rumors Thread

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I think they go defense and take a RB in the second/third. If Thomas/Allen go 2&3, I think Hooker/Adams will be the pick there to nearly complete their D. I'd go hooker first, pass rusher second and a RB in the third. Maybe trade up with their third to the second and take a bruiser like Foreman.

S is a possibility for them. I think they go Howard or Fournette though.
Nick Wagoner‏Verified account @nwagoner 40s41 seconds agoMore
49ers GM John Lynch said "there has been some of that" when asked if he'd received some early calls about the No. 2 pick.
Cam Inman‏Verified account @CamInman 49s50 seconds agoMore
#49ers John Lynch on dealing No. 2 pick: "We're open for business. We'll listen to anything. ... There's interest."
Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo 5m5 minutes agoMore
The worst kept secret in the league is no longer a secret. Niners will move out for the right price.
Originally posted by slowriot:
The worst kept secret in the league is no longer a secret. Niners will move out for the right price.

Oh my, really?

Just like how the Seahawks will trade Sherman for the right price, Browns will trade down for the right price...

You mean to say NFL teams do things for the right price? My goodness wow what breaking news!

No way they make a move before the draft just in case Browns don't select Myles..
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Oh my, really?

Just like how the Seahawks will trade Sherman for the right price, Browns will trade down for the right price...

You mean to say NFL teams do things for the right price? My goodness wow what breaking news!

Lol. Yeah but we both know Seahawks would want a retarded Hershel Walker type trade for Sherman and Browns would want a Ricky Williams type trade for the number one. Ours seems like the trade could work well for both sides without having to give up the farm.
We can go in different directions, that is not a secret. Other teams out there looking for a specific guy, is a secret.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Oh my, really?

Not sure what's worse, Garafolo bothering to tweet that, me bothering to copy and paste it into a forum, you bothering to comment, or me writing this right now #predraftcrazies
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers GM John Lynch said "there has been some of that" when asked if he'd received some early calls about the No. 2 pick.

Hang up the phone if Garrett is there!!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

this. but that's the only way someone trades up.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

I'm inclined to agree, but if SF is offered a package similar to what the Titans got from the Rams, you'd have to at least consider it.

Recap: Tennessee sent the top selection along with its fourth- (No. 113) and sixth-round (No. 177) picks this year to the Rams in exchange for Los Angeles' first-round pick (No. 15), two second-round selections (Nos. 43 and 45) and a third-round pick (No. 76) in 2016. The Titans also will get the Rams' first- and third-round picks in 2017.

I wonder what they are asking? And I agree you don't trade that pick until we're on the clock
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I wonder what they are asking? And I agree you don't trade that pick until we're on the clock
Could honestly see the browns move up to select Garrett and Mitch. Maybe as high as our #2 with the cache of second round picks they have over the next two years.
Originally posted by jcs:
Could honestly see the browns move up to select Garrett and Mitch. Maybe as high as our #2 with the cache of second round picks they have over the next two years.

If the Browns are willing to give up both their 2nd rounders this year I am down.

Give me Barnett, Bowser, Evan Engram and Curtis Samuel with the first 4 picks.
I feel like a team wanting to trade with us is going to want to pull the trigger before the draft.

So I doubt we get a chance to wait and see what th Browns do. The 2% chance Garrett is still available might be part of why teams are willing to offer quite a bit.
Share 49ersWebzone