LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Kevin King (CB)

Washington CB Kevin King will visit the Eagles, Raiders, Browns and Ravens, according to Charles Davis.
King was also invited to the NFL Draft in Philadelphia. King is one of the top athletes in this entire draft class, regardless of position. He also has tremendous ball skills, attack with the catch point and floating in the air to disrupt the receiver. He lacks patience and refinement as a corner in press coverage, with a tendency to lunge and overextend. He will likely be a top 50 selection.
Kevin King is best for 13 passes.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/105081-cornerbacks-king-azuwie-meet-49ers-next-week/
The MadDog is bullish on the King. One of the best in this class.
If you don't get your pass rusher in the first... do you pull the trigger if he's there in the second(assuming your 1st wasn't a CB)?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
If you don't get your pass rusher in the first... do you pull the trigger if he's there in the second(assuming your 1st wasn't a CB)?

entirely dependent on who's on the board, but to me, he's a first rounder. So yes I'd grab him, he'll be a pro-bowler in our scheme.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The MadDog is bullish on the King. One of the best in this class.

3rd person and dropping Wall Street references?
Win my man, well done

Also I'm all about the Kevin King train. Would have preferred Jones but he got injured
[ Edited by Quest4six on Apr 14, 2017 at 9:43 PM ]
Washington CB Kevin King visited the Raiders.
At 6-foot-3, 200 pounds, King aced the NFL Combine, running the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds and recording some of the best short shuttle and three-cone results that we have seen in the last 20 years. Zach Witman compared his agility to Patrick Peterson and Darrelle Revis. Not only one of the top athletes in this entire class, King also boasts tremendous ball skills. If he doesn't go in Round 1, he won't last long on Round 2.

I think he goes 1st round
Cheating Pete will grab him
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Cheating Pete will grab him

Probably the guy they wanna grab if they traded Sherman.
Peters and Lynch wanted him badly....

The 49ers recently invited Peter King to spend draft day with them and eavesdrop on their conversations. I have no idea why. On Thursday, King published his article chronicling his day with the 49ers. This article contained an interesting exchange between G.M. John Lynch, Vice President of Player Personnel Adam Peters and head coach Kyle Shanahan.

A few hours before the draft, Peters asked Shanahan if he would consider drafting Washington cornerback Kevin King in the middle of Round 1. This was an important question, because the 49ers need a starting corner to replace Tramaine Brock, whom they recently released after a domestic-violence arrest.

Shanahan: "I wouldn't (draft King) that early. I think he's later."

Lynch: "I think Kevin could possibly be a move up, based upon if we gather picks and move up into the first round and, you know, you get a guy with another fifth-year option."

Shanahan: "Kevin is a goal if we had the 32nd pick."

Peters: "Not in the twenties, even?"

Shanahan: "To me, if we gained a bunch of stuff then we need to debate whether to move up into the twenties. I personally … I know King's the best, but when you talk about guys like [Colorado cornerback] Ahkello Witherspoon possibly in the third or even [West Virginia cornerback] Rasul Douglas—like, we all know King is the best. [But] not a huge difference in getting the other guys."

Lynch: "King is a little different though."

Shanahan: "If all we needed is one guy, it's a huge difference. King is definitely better. We need as many guys as we can, so … I'm hoping we can get [Ohio pass-rusher Tarell] Basham also. Now it's not life or death, I'd rather risk getting the lesser guy to have more guys."

Let's recap what happened in that conversation:

Peters seemed open to the idea of drafting King in the teens, but Shanahan vetoed Peters.Lynch seemed open to trading up into the 20s to draft King, but Shanahan vetoed Lynch.Shanahan vetoed both the G.M. and the V.P. of Player Personnel. Shanahan had final say. He was the most powerful man in the room.Shanahan admitted that "King is definitely better" than the other cornerbacks the 49ers considered drafting.Shanahan decided he would "rather risk getting the lesser guy to have more guys."

Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Peters and Lynch wanted him badly....

The 49ers recently invited Peter King to spend draft day with them and eavesdrop on their conversations. I have no idea why. On Thursday, King published his article chronicling his day with the 49ers. This article contained an interesting exchange between G.M. John Lynch, Vice President of Player Personnel Adam Peters and head coach Kyle Shanahan.

A few hours before the draft, Peters asked Shanahan if he would consider drafting Washington cornerback Kevin King in the middle of Round 1. This was an important question, because the 49ers need a starting corner to replace Tramaine Brock, whom they recently released after a domestic-violence arrest.

Shanahan: "I wouldn't (draft King) that early. I think he's later."

Lynch: "I think Kevin could possibly be a move up, based upon if we gather picks and move up into the first round and, you know, you get a guy with another fifth-year option."

Shanahan: "Kevin is a goal if we had the 32nd pick."

Peters: "Not in the twenties, even?"

Shanahan: "To me, if we gained a bunch of stuff then we need to debate whether to move up into the twenties. I personally … I know King's the best, but when you talk about guys like [Colorado cornerback] Ahkello Witherspoon possibly in the third or even [West Virginia cornerback] Rasul Douglas—like, we all know King is the best. [But] not a huge difference in getting the other guys."

Lynch: "King is a little different though."

Shanahan: "If all we needed is one guy, it's a huge difference. King is definitely better. We need as many guys as we can, so … I'm hoping we can get [Ohio pass-rusher Tarell] Basham also. Now it's not life or death, I'd rather risk getting the lesser guy to have more guys."

Let's recap what happened in that conversation:

Peters seemed open to the idea of drafting King in the teens, but Shanahan vetoed Peters.Lynch seemed open to trading up into the 20s to draft King, but Shanahan vetoed Lynch.Shanahan vetoed both the G.M. and the V.P. of Player Personnel. Shanahan had final say. He was the most powerful man in the room.Shanahan admitted that "King is definitely better" than the other cornerbacks the 49ers considered drafting.Shanahan decided he would "rather risk getting the lesser guy to have more guys."

Interesting. But im sure foster and Thomas is a decent constellation prize...
My son caught a slant on Kevin King in high school. 😜
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Interesting. But im sure foster and Thomas is a decent constellation prize...

I think Cam Robinson would've been a better consolation prize, and the Niners could've gotten him by staying put.
Grant Cohn has no clue on how to turn a roster. What a moron.
He's struggling early on

According to the Green Bay Press-Gazette's Tom Silverstein, Packers second-round CB Kevin King has "struggled mightily" at training camp.
Per Silverstein, King has been getting beaten badly by pretty much any receiver that lines up opposite him, especially in one-on-one drills. After drafting King with the first pick of the second round, Green Bay said it envisioned King as a Week 1 starter. But that's unlikely to happen. Davon House and Quinten Rollins figure to get the nods there, with Damarious Randall and Ladarius Gunter behind them.
Share 49ersWebzone