LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Blair Brown - LB - Ohio

This guy deserves his own thread.

Blair Brown, LB Ohio – 5'11" 238

Yes, he's short, but I think the more you watch this guy, the more you'll wonder why he's projected in the seventh round on many sites. MadDog has him in his Best Board (that's top 50 talent in the whole draft).
This guy is one of the many prospects that makes this draft so rediculously deep.

He ranked 3rd in run stop percentage
Made a play once every 6.4 snaps
Missed just 2 tackles
Blitzes effectively: 4.5 sacks among his 15 TFL

More athletic than 83% of NFL LBs (sparq)
4.66 40-yard dash
37″ vertical jump
4.18 short shuttle
6.92 3-cone

PFF profile: https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-blair-brown-lb-ohio/

Stats to know: Ranked first in FBS in tackling efficiency with just three misses and 96 solo tackles.

What he does best:

Ranked third in FBS in run-stop percentage; had 47 stops.
In 2016, only Reuben Foster had higher overall and run-defense grades than Brown's 92.4 and 91.5.
131 total tackles tied for the second-most among FBS ILBs.

Draft Breakdown interview:
http://draftbreakdown.com/2017-nfl-draft-prospect-interview-blair-brown-lb-ohio/
Pretty damn good value if he's projected to go in the 7th.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Pretty damn good value if he's projected to go in the 7th.

He'll go higher. Some of the big board aren't projecting this guy high, but I don't think they have any idea of who he is. Basham gets all the love from Ohio, and rightly so, but this guy is really really good.
If he was 6'2 he would be a top 15 pick
He reminds me a Chris Borland the way he diagnoses and shoots the gap like missle.

Except he won't quit.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

He reminds me a Chris Borland the way he diagnoses and shoots the gap like missle.

Except he won't quit.

Too right, he'd have gone to a better school, and be up there with Foster.

He'd be great as a WILL for us, and if he can handle the calls he'd be heir apparent to Bowman. I think he's pushed himself into Rd 3 contention but I'd be hoping for Rd 4.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Except he won't quit.

He'd be great as a WILL for us, and if he can handle the calls he'd be heir apparent to Bowman. I think he's pushed himself into Rd 3 contention but I'd be hoping for Rd 4.

Agreed with all. He's this years Jatavis Brown. I hope we can get him on day 3
I've been wanting this guy for a while. I wouldn't hesitate to take him with our pick in the 3rd. We saw the impact Borland made in a short time. I think Brown will be just as good.

I don't care how tall this cat is. You can't teach awareness, heart and hustle.
I'm targeting Jordan Willis in round 2 and Blair Brown in round 3. I think both guys are going to be difference makers.

Except he won't quit.

I think that's​ a very fair comparison to Borland, as far as physically​ and how he plays. He'd be a great mid round value pick who has future​ starting potential. In the meantime, he adds value in the locker room and his skills will translate well to the special teams unit.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 7, 2017 at 8:21 AM ]

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
I think that's​ a very fair comparison to Borland, as far as physically​ and how he plays. He'd be a great mid round value pick who has future​ starting potential. In the meantime, he adds value in the locker room and his skills will translate well to the special teams unit.

Great point on special teams. He'd be a beast. Remember that Bow backed up Spikes Year 1 and was a special teams stud
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Except he won't quit.

Agreed. He could definitely be our future Mike.

He's the kind of late round pick that builds winning teams.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 7, 2017 at 10:39 AM ]
Much better instincts and diagnosis ability than Reuben Foster. Watch him the second the ball is snapped. Rarely takes false/wasted steps. He's using his keys and making reads immediately. The guy will be a player in the NFL.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 7, 2017 at 10:43 AM ]

Except he won't quit.

yep exactly who i thought of first too. Short, short arms, lacks top end speed to go sideline to sideline but yet....he is instinctive and always around the ball. A true blue collar player. Definitely worth a mid round pick. But i think he could have the same production as borland

What round is he projecting at
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Apr 7, 2017 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Except he won't quit.

yep exactly who i thought of first too. Short, short arms, lacks top end speed to go sideline to sideline but yet....he is instinctive and always around the ball. A true blue collar player. Definitely worth a mid round pick. But i think he could have the same production as borland

What round is he projecting at

All over the darn place. I've seen "end of third round" to 7th round. It's silly.
Share 49ersWebzone