LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Sam Darnold

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield all have grades of at least 90 on Scouts Inc., the first time in 15 years that four QBs in same Draft grade that high:

Scouts Inc. QB Grades, 2018
Darnold, USC 94
Allen, WYO 92
Rosen, UCLA 92
Mayfield, OKLA 91
Cleveland IMO

💩💩💩💩💩

I'd take a chance on him with a day 3 pick. Someone would have to sit him down and fix those awful mechanics that never got fixed in college.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd give them a 3rd and CJ Beathard or Nick Mullens. If Darnold plays good under Shanahan, he would be good trade bait in the draft.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd give them a 3rd and CJ Beathard or Nick Mullens. If Darnold plays good under Shanahan, he would be good trade bait in the draft.

I think he will be good with KS.
Adam Gase is buring another talent.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield all have grades of at least 90 on Scouts Inc., the first time in 15 years that four QBs in same Draft grade that high:

Scouts Inc. QB Grades, 2018
Darnold, USC 94
Allen, WYO 92
Rosen, UCLA 92
Mayfield, OKLA 91
Who is this Scouts Inc. ...Mel Kiper and his siblings? Because it is a no-go if a prospects is going down the toilet after two seasons, Josh Rosen, and another one is on the brink of being a bust, Sam Darnold.
On top of that, Darnold is another USC trash. USC-players should be banned from being over 80, QBs in particular.
[ Edited by communist on Oct 11, 2020 at 6:09 PM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Sooooo, think the 49ers could do a strait swap JG for Darnold... at least, with Darnold, it would be a Cap relief...
Originally posted by Geeked:
Sooooo, think the 49ers could do a strait swap JG for Darnold... at least, with Darnold, it would be a Cap relief...

Darnold might be worse than Jimmy right now. Dude needs a ton of work. His mechanics were s**t at USC and never got addressed. I mean for a top rated QB, Darnold had some of the worst mechanics I've ever seen coming out. The guy would frequently throw with his hips perpendicular to his target.

What he has going for him is that he's mobile, shockingly accurate on the run, throws a great deep ball and he's super young(23).
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 11, 2020 at 10:06 PM ]

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

Darnold might be worse than Jimmy right now. Dude needs a ton of work. His mechanics were s**t at USC and never got addressed. I mean for a top rated QB, Darnold had some of the worst mechanics I've ever seen coming out. The guy would frequently throw with his hips perpendicular to his target.

What he has going for him is that he's mobile, shockingly accurate on the run, throws a great deep ball and he's super young(23).

+1. With the way Jimmy's regressed I don't know if we're the team with the coaching staff to develop him.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Heroism:

+1. With the way Jimmy's regressed I don't know if we're the team with the coaching staff to develop him.

I'd take that strong arm and mobility at this time. JG is damaged goods not physically, but mentally. He is a squirrel in the pocket and takes a sack. I know our OL sucks but it's an ongoing issue and it's just getting worse. It's frustrating to watch!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
First thing's first, Shanahan must GO !!!
Originally posted by 9moon:

Oh dear, here we go.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

Nothing wrong with KS. We do need to acquire more talent
Share 49ersWebzone