There are 199 users in the forums

Sam Darnold

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Question: Didn't Darnold start out in a Pro style offense first?

SC runs a shotgun pro. Kinda reminds me of Miami's offensive under Marino.

Darnold will go under center during big sets and throws from those sets. I don't see being under center as an issue for him as he steps up in the pocket and is generally unphased by inside pressure.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Geeked:

Darnold will go under center during big sets and throws from those sets. I don't see being under center as an issue for him as he steps up in the pocket and is generally unphased by inside pressure.

That's the reason I asked because I could've sworn I've seen him pass from under center.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran

That's the reason I asked because I could've sworn I've seen him pass from under center.

They do play Notre Damn every year.
Anyone else wathing the s.c. vs penn State game on espn u roght mow? Darnald is unreal!!!
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DickNasty:
Anyone else wathing the s.c. vs penn State game on espn u roght mow? Darnald is unreal!!!

I can't watch that game. No SC alumni can... my heart can't take it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Why not I thought SC won that game?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran

Why not I thought SC won that game?

Those wins are for fans of neither team.... If you're overly invested (like myself)... no, those games suck... approaching 40, that game took a year off my life.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Unreal? On passes past 5 yards he threw as many bad passes as good ones. His ball placement is sloppy. He threw a out 5 balls that's picked in the pros. Look at his passes to the RBs out of the backfield. He has happy feet in the pocket.

Look at his passes against ND over 7 yards most aren't his 1st reads and he went I counted 4-11 and most of those passes were HORRIBLE

How many yards did he leave on the field with poor ball placement versus Washington?

And BTW don't recall seeing alot of plays under center
[ Edited by krizay on Aug 2, 2017 at 12:03 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Unreal? On passes past 5 yards he threw as many bad passes as good ones. His ball placement is sloppy. He threw a out 5 balls that's picked in the pros. Look at his passes to the RBs out of the backfield. He has happy feet in the pocket.

Look at his passes against ND over 7 yards most aren't his 1st reads and he went I counted 4-11 and most of those passes were HORRIBLE

How many yards did he leave on the field with poor ball placement versus Washington?

And BTW don't recall seeing alot of plays under center

Umm so your saying he is bad? Cause some of those "bad ball placements" were because of where the defender was and he didn't want to get his player killed. You are really nitpicking over some minor issues so I'm just gonna guess you hate USC.

• krizay
  • Veteran
No I don't hate him. I actually don't mind him. Think he is a good QB. but he's not unreal or clear cut best QB in this class.

The same negatives other top QBs are receiving are easily applied to Darnold. Especially the shotgun, air raid nonsense.

At this point in time next years class is going to be something.

You ask 5 GMs/HCs and you may get 5 different answers.

I'm seeing everyone has their own qualifications they like in A QB.

Mine is 1. Accuracy 2. Ball placement 3. Decision making

Others like RPMs. Some like type of offense etc.....

While I LOVE Darnolds decision-making. He's not on par with 2 other candidates in the other 2 categories IMO.

But I wouldn't be MAD if we took Darnold. He just wouldn't be my 1st choice is all.
Originally posted by krizay:
No I don't hate him. I actually don't mind him. Think he is a good QB. but he's not unreal or clear cut best QB in this class.

The same negatives other top QBs are receiving are easily applied to Darnold. Especially the shotgun, air raid nonsense.

At this point in time next years class is going to be something.

You ask 5 GMs/HCs and you may get 5 different answers.

I'm seeing everyone has their own qualifications they like in A QB.

Mine is 1. Accuracy 2. Ball placement 3. Decision making

Others like RPMs. Some like type of offense etc.....

While I LOVE Darnolds decision-making. He's not on par with 2 other candidates in the other 2 categories IMO.

But I wouldn't be MAD if we took Darnold. He just wouldn't be my 1st choice is all.
I prefer Rosen over the other QBs. But it's hard to deny that Darnold is pretty special. I get annoyed with his happy feet even when he still has a pocket. I get angry with both QBs with the while getting sacked they try and throw the ball still...and Rosen negative is his attitude while Darnold has the ideal attitude for a QB. So while I prefer Rosen I'd still be happier than a pig in poop if we got Darnold.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Yeah I heard the rumors and ESPN talking about Jets Fans wanTed to draft by Sam Darnold in summer 2018. I might interest at Sam Darnold too. I will watch him at games college in 2018. Wait n see...
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Lol f**king jet fans.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Lol f**king jet fans.

Jets fans and Brown fans have one huge difference between them. One deserves their franchise leadership and the other doesn't.
Share 49ersWebzone