LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Sam Darnold

Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
I hope he becomes the 9ers staring QB. It's time to finally correct all our Qb drafting failures of the past two decades.

If Rosen's shoulder is OK and both he and Darnald leave... and the 49ers suck bad... they may have a chance at one of them. But honestly, even with the Frankenstein roster... I see the 49ers drafting between 8 and 16. and I don't see either being there by that pick

I agree that we won't be there by the time we pick. I think we need to trade up,Cant go on another decade and half without a franchise QB. Whatever it takes.

I think Darnold has all the tools PLUS attitude to be a franchise QB.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Jun 19, 2017 at 3:28 PM ]
Yea this is a pipe dream I see the niners winning atleast 5-6 games
  • Jiks
I think the guy is a fantastic prospect, but I'm going to wait and see him play a full season before I bet the farm on him.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Looks like there will be 3 guys with top-5 potential. I see the FQB of the Niners being Darnold, Rosen, or Allen...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Looks like there will be 3 guys with top-5 potential. I see the FQB of the Niners being Darnold, Rosen, or Allen...

Sounds like a lot of people are going to be disappointed come next draft.

After seeing what Kyle looks for in his QB with guys like Kirk Cousins and CJ Beathard, I don't see Kyle really liking any of those guys--Maybe Rosen.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 20, 2017 at 11:13 AM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Better list that the top 3 in the 2017 draft...
Originally posted by NYniner85:

USC QB Sam Darnold

The talented signal-caller was a participant in the Elite 11 competition as a high schooler and he returned this year to visit and workout. There was buzz about Darnold's impressive showing in the QB competition at the event. However, when I asked the coaches/staffers what stood out about Darnold, they each mentioned his humility and willingness to learn. He's always asking questions and he doesn't act like he has all of the answers. I also had several sources close to Darnold tell me they wouldn't be surprised if Darnold played two more seasons at USC. As a redshirt sophomore, he can declare for the draft as early as 2018.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000818303/article/what-we-learned-about-darnold-top-prospects-at-the-opening?campaign=tw-cf-sf95555414-sf95555414&sf95555414=1
Originally posted by Heroism:
USC QB Sam Darnold

The talented signal-caller was a participant in the Elite 11 competition as a high schooler and he returned this year to visit and workout. There was buzz about Darnold's impressive showing in the QB competition at the event. However, when I asked the coaches/staffers what stood out about Darnold, they each mentioned his humility and willingness to learn. He's always asking questions and he doesn't act like he has all of the answers. I also had several sources close to Darnold tell me they wouldn't be surprised if Darnold played two more seasons at USC. As a redshirt sophomore, he can declare for the draft as early as 2018.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000818303/article/what-we-learned-about-darnold-top-prospects-at-the-opening?campaign=tw-cf-sf95555414-sf95555414&sf95555414=1

That's always been one of my concerns prior to this year's draft when people said wait for next year. If we tank and the top prospects stay in college it could be a wasted pick and mean another year of tanking to get them the following year. So waiting for next year for that QB has always been a questionable thing for me when the top prospects have eligibility remaining that could see them stay in college.

USC QB Sam Darnold

That is something I have been talking about for awhile. If a couple of these guys stay in school, the QB class goes to garbage fast.

Say Darnold and Rosen both stay in school. What are people getting excited about? Josh Allen who is super talented but extremely raw and threw 5 INTs against the only good team he faced all year. Lamar Jackson? Meh.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jul 6, 2017 at 9:37 AM ]

Too bad the league doesn't allow draft pick trades.....
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:

If a QB is good enough, nobody is trading out of that pick. Cleveland offered Indy two whole drafts to move up for Luck. Indy told them to piss off.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:

If a QB is good enough, nobody is trading out of that pick. Cleveland offered Indy two whole drafts to move up for Luck. Indy told them to piss off.

And then they trade away their draft position on what could have been the best QB they've had since Kosar, only to select Corey Coleman.

Cleveland will never get it right.
Originally posted by Mike1989:
USC QB Sam Darnold

That's always been one of my concerns prior to this year's draft when people said wait for next year. If we tank and the top prospects stay in college it could be a wasted pick and mean another year of tanking to get them the following year. So waiting for next year for that QB has always been a questionable thing for me when the top prospects have eligibility remaining that could see them stay in college.

You can have this argument every year, but year after year they come out more often than not.
Share 49ersWebzone