There are 139 users in the forums

Sam Darnold

Worth skipping Kirk Cousins?
Gonna have to be really...really bad next year to have a shot at him.
No.

Things change drastically over the span of one season. Last year around this time, Brad Kaaya was being mocked to us second overall.
If we are bad enough next year, I'd say yes to being worth skipping Cousins.
Originally posted by Boldjames:
Worth skipping Kirk Cousins?

Not if they can sign Cousins outright next offseason.
A guy who is a legitimate NFL FQB and knows the system vs. a college qb that might be good.


Hm.
Don't think there's a point talking about this now. However I do think we should look to really address QB next year. Whether that's Cousins, Garoppolo or draft pick will remain to be seen.

Honestly as important as the position is if we're in position to draft one of Darnold, Rosen or Allen in the first after they put up impressive seasons I'd draft them even if we could sign Cousins.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 33,228
Originally posted by 49deeznutz:
Gonna have to be really...really bad next year to have a shot at him.

Yeah, like #1 overall pick bad.
Assuming we got the 1st pick and Cousins is out of Wsh. You trade the pick, score a megahaul and sign KC.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 33,228
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Assuming we got the 1st pick and Cousins is out of Wsh. You trade the pick, score a megahaul and sign KC.

I'd say good bye to Cousins and draft Darnold.

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
A guy who is a legitimate NFL FQB and knows the system vs. a college qb that might be good.

Hm.

Lol, right? People were saying the same s**t last year: "BRO, pass on WENTZ and GOFF. #SUCKforWATSON"

Originally posted by mayo49:
I'd say good bye to Cousins and draft Darnold.

With USC's track record of QBs in the NFL I cant see how you could go wrong.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 33,228
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'd say good bye to Cousins and draft Darnold.

With USC's track record of QBs in the NFL I cant see how you could go wrong.

Yeah, Palmer is the only one that's even been serviceable. Got to break the jinx eventually.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 4, 2017 at 10:13 PM ]
If you can draft Darnold and he has another good season you take him. For 5 years of a cheap potential superstar QB.
So don't take Manning because Heath Shuler came before him. What Palmer, Leinart did in the pros is irrelevant either way to how Darnold turns out.
Share 49erswebzone