LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Analytical QB Metrics

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean I wasn't gonna say anything about Solomon's crazy SPARQ score....

Got Thomas and Bowers as my first two picks in my last mock...just saying lol

Did you check out the cornerbacks?
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 4, 2017 at 2:01 PM ]
The more I read about some guys crappy model, or some other new metric being invented, the more I realize that ball velocity is no joke.

There is a strong correlation to throwing slower than 55 and not being successful. There are exceptions, of course, but not many.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 6, 2017 at 5:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Malik Hooker at 24th for safeties....
The more I read about some guys crappy model, or some other new metric being invented, the more I realize that ball velocity is no joke.

There is a strong correlation to throwing slower than 55 and not being successful. There are exceptions, of course, but not many.

Here's a list from recent drafts and arm velocity
http://blogs.ourlads.com/2017/03/16/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/
[ Edited by 49erInTheMidwest on Apr 6, 2017 at 6:14 AM ]
Originally posted by genus49:

Malik Hooker at 24th for safeties....

Check again, many players don't have a score yet. Didn't do the combine, or they haven't calculated it yet, etc.
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2017/03/16/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

It looks to me like they changed what they were looking at, which is frustrating.

The list you posted, with this numbers from this tweet, look like we can compare apples to apples.

Check again, many players don't have a score yet. Didn't do the combine, or they haven't calculated it yet, etc.

I was just fuking with you lol. Surprised they ddin't have Myles Garrett but I guess they need all the workouts to do it right.
Originally posted by genus49:

I was just fuking with you lol. Surprised they ddin't have Myles Garrett but I guess they need all the workouts to do it right.

Oh lol. Yeah right? You would expect miles to be off the charts. What didn't he do?
Very interesting read... no doubt Paraag is all over these numbers and more.
Oh lol. Yeah right? You would expect miles to be off the charts. What didn't he do?

3 cone or the shuttles. Would've loved to see those numbers just to compare to Thomas.

Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Very interesting read... no doubt Paraag is all over these numbers and more.

I hope not. I don't want Paraag involved with anything other than contracts. Stay in your lane Paraag! He's an absolute monster at what he does well.
It looks to me like they changed what they were looking at, which is frustrating.

The list you posted, with this numbers from this tweet, look like we can compare apples to apples.

Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:

My confusion on my link comes in when I compare to other years. I agree this class is nothing special, but that link makes them look like noodle arms
Your link is good. Those times are from ourlads over the last several years. Then, for some reason, they started measuring speeds to the outside, and didn't list their straight on velocity.

So for previous years, look at yours. To apply the "55 rule" to this year's class, we can't use the left/right numbers. We need to use the faster numbers provided in my post.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 6, 2017 at 12:46 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Just gave away the Browns draft board

lol
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I have this inkling that Kyle is going to like Brad Kaaya a lot more than the webzone does lol.

Same here. IMO i think he's like matt ryan. Good, not great arm. Smart football iq. the biggest red flag is playing under pressure.

dak had the criticisms of a bad QBR under pressure too. Yet dak went from a turnstile O-line at Mississippi State to one of the greatest pro O-lines of the last decade
Share 49ersWebzone