LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 420 users in the forums

CB depth

Would y'all rather take two DBs in the fourth and 5th(comp) or one in the second?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Would y'all rather take two DBs in the fourth and 5th(comp) or one in the second?

First option for me out of yours.

I'd be shocked (if we stay there) if #34 didn't yield us someone to rush the QB
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

First option for me out of yours.

I'd be shocked (if we stay there) if #34 didn't yield us someone to rush the QB

So if you rather take one in the second... Are you for sure trading back into the second with our third?

Taking Sidney Jones with one of our fourths to go on IR with a designated to return..And maybe even using our 4th round comp pick for a CB that can contribute this year could be solid.

I like Redmond to win the spot opposite of Robinson. DJ,Reaser who I believe both are on contract years(?) In the mix. Along with a rookie we could be solid. Let Jones heal up and see where things stand around week 6-7.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/brian-allen?id=2558237 Crazy size, length, speed combo...late rd flyer

Looks like a nice scheme fit for the defense. Doesn't have to start right away & we don't have to draft him until mid rounds or later
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
That certainly factors into it. But it's also the fact that he all of a sudden flew up the draft boards. I'd much rather have an edge rushing linebacker, middle linebacker, cornerback, running back, or wide receiver. Those all weigh as greater needs in my opinion.

He didn't just fly up draft boards for no reason. Teams and draftniks watched his tape and saw a guy improving and very consistent. His combine numbers just enforced what the tape showed. This isn't a guy climbing because he killed the combine. Not to mention his last game was about as good a finish to a college career as you can get for a defender.

It's funny to me that you'd be ok drafting RB at #2 when we have Hyde but feel at DE we're good after how awful our defense was last year.

It's funny to me a lot of positions people want to draft. The only guys who have shown any ability to make plays and are actually ranked in the top 50% for their position (our DBS and running back), and want to wait with the position we were pure trash at.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
It's funny to me a lot of positions people want to draft. The only guys who have shown any ability to make plays and are actually ranked in the top 50% for their position (our DBS and running back), and want to wait with the position we were pure trash at.

The whole defense is going through a massive scheme shift. It's a rebuild process. Identify positions in the new scheme that have high impact:

Edge Rusher
Single High FS
Rest of the Front 7
Rest of the Secondary

Are we set at any of these?
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

The whole defense is going through a massive scheme shift. It's a rebuild process. Identify positions in the new scheme that have high impact:

Edge Rusher
Single High FS
Rest of the Front 7
Rest of the Secondary

Are we set at any of these?

We need a pass rusher,and a DB depending on what they rather do with Ward. We don't need a nickel that's for damn sure.
Share 49ersWebzone