There are 155 users in the forums

CB depth

Colorado has a couple of dandies in Witherspoon & Awuzie...they not only defend the pass well, but are willing and able tacklers. I'd be very happy with either guy.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Colorado has a couple of dandies in Witherspoon & Awuzie...they not only defend the pass well, but are willing and able tacklers. I'd be very happy with either guy.

I really like Awuzie but they are both good cb's.
How's the fourth round looking for DBs?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Sydney looks pretty good to me
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Ahkello Witherspoon, CB Colorado – 6'3" 198lbs – He shut down John Ross? Check. Production: Second-Team All-Pac-12, Measurables: 4.45 40yard, 40.5" vertical, 4.13 shuttle. Tall, fast, jumps out of the building - Remind anyone of a corner that does well in this scheme? In fact, that's who he is compared to. And like him, he will be under-drafted.

13 passes broken up in 2016 tied him at No. 1 in the nation.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-ahkello-witherspoon-cb-colorado/

This guy could fit into this defense perfectly on the opposite side of Rashard Robinson. 2 corners who can cover there man step 4 step would help this defense immensely for sure
  • krizay
  • Veteran

I like Howard Wilson (HOU) in the 4th range.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Sydney looks pretty good to me

Would be amazing. Don't even care if ACL pick. Though technically it's not ACL :)
Originally posted by krizay:
I like Howard Wilson (HOU) in the 4th range.

Damontee Kazee SDSU should be there in the 4th. Probably more of a nickel guy, a lot to like though

Here is Draftwire's big board based on rounds and positions

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/04/04/2017-nfl-draft-big-board-complete-overall-rankings/
Sigh...these guys can't keep their chit in check?

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/07/report-49ers-cb-tramaine-brock-arrested-for-domestic-incident/

CB need just got a bump.

Originally posted by genus49:
Sigh...these guys can't keep their chit in check?

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/07/report-49ers-cb-tramaine-brock-arrested-for-domestic-incident/

CB need just got a bump.
1st. Solomon Thomas/Marshon Lattimore
2nd. Kevin King/Jarrad Davis/ Derrick Rivers
3rd. Whichever of the 3 positions above hasn't been addressed or WR
WR just got bumped down on needs probably *sigh
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Damn near everyone on this board had Brock relegated to bench duties anyway for whatever reason.

Still no need to get Lattimore. We should approach the CB position the same way we had planned.
Damn near everyone on this board had Brock relegated to bench duties anyway for whatever reason.

Still no need to get Lattimore. We should approach the CB position the same way we had planned.

Yeah I agree with the depth in this class Lattimore at #2 is too big a risk given 1 year of play and some pretty quality players around him.

Much rather go with Thomas or even Hooker at #2 then address corner in round 2/3/4...still quality to be had there.

Yeah I agree with the depth in this class Lattimore at #2 is too big a risk given 1 year of play and some pretty quality players around him.

Much rather go with Thomas or even Hooker at #2 then address corner in round 2/3/4...still quality to be had there.
yeah, y'all right.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Not a big fan of going thomas or hooker but agree with the last portion of your comment
Share 49ersWebzone