LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 178 users in the forums

Per matt miller of nfl draft scout the niners love rueben foster and leonard fournette

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Hyde is a free agent after this season, so drafting his replacement might not be a bad idea.

Or you could draft his replacement with the intent of trading Hyde. The problem is, particularly with his injury history, you will most likely not get a fair return.

Or we can just resign him if he plays well. Why the hell would we let him go with all that cap space if he proves he fits well with shanny???
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Hyde is a free agent after this season, so drafting his replacement might not be a bad idea.

Or you could draft his replacement with the intent of trading Hyde. The problem is, particularly with his injury history, you will most likely not get a fair return.

Or we can just resign him if he plays well. Why the hell would we let him go with all that cap space if he proves he fits well with shanny???

Wouldn't you like to see him stay healthy for a year before giving him a bigger payday? I love Hyde, but you cannot rely on him ... at least so far in his career.
Wouldn't you like to see him stay healthy for a year before giving him a bigger payday? I love Hyde, but you cannot rely on him ... at least so far in his career.

That's what this year is for
Sounds silly, how are they in love with 2 players, knowing both will be available? Seems like they would settle on 1 and be done if that's the case.
I'm not shutting down anyone's opinion...they can think what they want. All I'm saying is I think it's becoming more & more likely Lynch trades down. I don't see him drafting Fournette...it's just that simple. That's my opinion. Foster would be fine at #8, along with Howard, Mike Williams, and others. Hooker's got injury issues, Allen's shoulder's still a concern, Shanahan likes RB's who're slashers & excellent receivers, which is why I don't see Fournette as a good fit. Trading down not only garners more high picks, but it opens up a number of players who would be real stretches at #2.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Sounds silly, how are they in love with 2 players, knowing both will be available? Seems like they would settle on 1 and be done if that's the case.

Not silly at all. Lots of teams are high on multiple players and don't make the decision until draft day, happens every year I'm sure
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
You win the run on sentence award

I also hear that they love Myles Garrett, Solomon Thomas, Malik Hooker, Jamal Adams, Johnathan Allen, Mike Williams, Cory Davis, John Ross, Deshaun Watson, Deshone Kizer, Mitch Trubisky, Derek Barnett, Big Bird, Captain Jack Sparrow, Harambe, and Brett Favre.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He also said they'd prefer to trade out of #2.

There's gonna be some mad 49ers fans come draft time. It will be epic, it will be glorious!
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This is who I'd expect the 49ers to draft if Baalke was still running personnel.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

This.

Let's see how he fares this year and go from there in regards to am extension as we will have the cap space if need be. Take a mid to late round RB this year (unless they can land McCaffery) in true Shanny fashion.

Worst case scenario, we look to add a lead back either through FA or the draft next year. And given how RB's are a dime a dozen in this league now, and given how easy the Shanahans have found success with finding RB's that can deliver in their run scheme, the worst case scenario isn't really that bad of a scenario.
Share 49ersWebzone