LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Per matt miller of nfl draft scout the niners love rueben foster and leonard fournette

Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
I've heard he's pretty generational though so who knows

If I'm being honest, I would much rather have a linebacker than a safety. Both aren't great options, but if you put a gun to my head and make me choose, I'm going LB.

Fournette. GOD no. He's a power back who has straight line speed. How the f**k is he going to run Shanahan's Outside Zone

Yeah, that's the one pick I would take an object and throw across the room if I see it on draft day.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Mar 31, 2017 at 2:57 PM ]
The face of a franchise.

"Do you know who I am?!"

I wonder how he'll react when Bowman tells him to put out the cigarette...

Smokescreen season.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Makes no sense to spend a number 2 on some of our only two strengths. We got Hyde and Bow.

Drafting isn't just for this year.

Hyde is a free agent after the year and can't stay healthy.

Bowman may never be the same and if say he does regain his form as a 3 down MLB then we still have no-one for SAM. Foster would be an ideal addition to our team. We actually need him badly.

Exactly. This isn't a one-year project. They need to take great players, regardless.

Edit: though I trust that they know who to pick and though I like Fournette I will be okay with whoever. I won't be freaking out with any pick.
[ Edited by Lurker on Mar 31, 2017 at 3:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:
Per matt miller of nfl draft scout the 49ers are in love with Rueben foster and fournette if myles garrett is gone when they pick at 2nd overall ... personally I would be disappointed if that happened I would like the 49ers to draft malik hooker or Solomon Thomas but if they did go with foster or fournette I would be upset but I would support it and trust the process since I believe in john lynch and kyle shannahan but who really knows who the 49ers are gonna actually pick with the 2nd pick they may like foster and fournette but that doesn't mean they will select them . who the hell knows who they will pick you just don't know with it being the smoke screen season and the lying season .

Bro.

C'mon bro.
Originally posted by Lurker:
Exactly. This isn't a one-year project. They need to take great players, regardless.

Edit: though I trust that they know who to pick and though I like Fournette I will be okay with whoever. I won't be freaking out with any pick.

Of course but they also need to fill needs so we can have a competitive football team. The d line and edge need a lot more work than finding already replacement for Navarro bowman. Why did they sign an aging Garçon to a bigass deal instead of just looking into future with the draft? Because he fills a big hole instantly.
If we take Foster, there better f***in be a trade down. Id be so pissed if they take him at #2. Also, id be pissed if we took Fournette with #2.
I am not on the S. Thomas bandwagon but hearing that we are interested in Foster makes Thomas sound so much better to me. The problem with Fournette is that we can get very good production out of a later draft pick at RB. I feel the same way about LB. Add in the medical and what ever that was at the combine and I do not want to hear the name Foster on day one.
It's all Smokescreen.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Makes no sense to spend a number 2 on some of our only two strengths. We got Hyde and Bow.

You didn't watch the clip on Kyle's interview at the owners meeting?

He said is focusing on picking the best players and not just filling holes.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:
Per matt miller of nfl draft scout the 49ers are in love with Rueben foster and fournette if myles garrett is gone when they pick at 2nd overall ... personally I would be disappointed if that happened I would like the 49ers to draft malik hooker or Solomon Thomas but if they did go with foster or fournette I would be upset but I would support it and trust the process since I believe in john lynch and kyle shannahan but who really knows who the 49ers are gonna actually pick with the 2nd pick they may like foster and fournette but that doesn't mean they will select them . who the hell knows who they will pick you just don't know with it being the smoke screen season and the lying season .

Do you have the link?
So far the 49ers really like Fournette, and Foster, and all the QB's, and.......
The thing with Fournette is that his name was one of the first names to come out as a favorite for the #2 pick. The rumor we were high on him came out before the combine.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
NY and genus are coming for ya.

Put it this way I'd take Hooker over Foster AND Fournette.
Share 49ersWebzone