LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Per matt miller of nfl draft scout the niners love rueben foster and leonard fournette

Per matt miller of nfl draft scout the 49ers are in love with Rueben foster and fournette if myles garrett is gone when they pick at 2nd overall ... personally I would be disappointed if that happened I would like the 49ers to draft malik hooker or Solomon Thomas but if they did go with foster or fournette I would be upset but I would support it and trust the process since I believe in john lynch and kyle shannahan but who really knows who the 49ers are gonna actually pick with the 2nd pick they may like foster and fournette but that doesn't mean they will select them . who the hell knows who they will pick you just don't know with it being the smoke screen season and the lying season .
Both are wasted picks that high no thanks trade back or bust
And if either of them is available in the second round I hope they draft them.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Both are wasted picks that high no thanks trade back or bust

that's stupid. While a trade back may be preferred given the depth in this class insinuating we're screwed if we can't trade down is silly.
Makes no sense to spend a number 2 on some of our only two strengths. We got Hyde and Bow.
Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:
Per matt miller of nfl draft scout the 49ers are in love with Rueben foster and fournette if myles garrett is gone when they pick at 2nd overall.

Per my own intuition the 49ers are leaking that they are in love with Reuben Foster and Leonard Fournette at the 2nd overall pick because they think the Panthers are in love with Reuben Foster or Leonard Fournette, and are trying to induce them to trade up to #2, which is higher than you'd otherwise have to trade to get either of these guys.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Makes no sense to spend a number 2 on some of our only two strengths. We got Hyde and Bow.

Bowe still has some health issues. I love the guy like Willis, and never want to hear about a replacement. But at some point we need to talk about depth and eventual insurance.

I want Davis in the 2nd for this very reason.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
No thank you on Foster, Fournette I wouldn't mind if they drafted him at #2 overall. Much rather go with this order for the #2 pick:

1. Myles Garrett
2. Try and trade down
3. Malik Hooker
4. Solomon Thomas
5. Jamal Adams
6. Leonard Fournette
Originally posted by Kolohe:
No thank you on Foster, Fournette I wouldn't mind if they drafted him at #2 overall. Much rather go with this order for the #2 pick:

1. Myles Garrett
2. Try and trade down
3. Malik Hooker
4. Solomon Thomas
5. Jamal Adams
6. Leonard Fournette

NY and genus are coming for ya.
Here we go...this guy said that and all of a sudden people think Lynch would actually draft either guy at #2. Not. I think the closer the draft gets the more likelihood Lynch trades down. His dilemma is there isn't any one player He & Coach feel strongly enough about to take at #2. If the rumor WRT Carolina pans out and they end up picking at #8 it really opens up a number of players they wouldn't take at #2.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

1. Myles Garrett
2. Try and trade down
3. Malik Hooker
4. Solomon Thomas
5. Jamal Adams
6. Leonard Fournette

NY and genus are coming for ya.

lol

Playing DB all the way up to high school (umm freshman year lol), I just always loved for my 9ers to have a dominant Safety. From Ronnie Lott, Tim McDonald to Lance Schulters, Tony Parish and Dashon Goldson, those guys did some exciting things for the 49ers. Just a few of my favorites at Safety, and no I will not name Merton Hanks, dude piss me off when Jamal Anderson ran through him for a TD in the playoffs.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Per my own intuition the 49ers are leaking that they are in love with Reuben Foster and Leonard Fournette at the 2nd overall pick because they think the Panthers are in love with Reuben Foster or Leonard Fournette, and are trying to induce them to trade up to #2, which is higher than you'd otherwise have to trade to get either of these guys.

I don't think the 49ers are leaking anything intentionally.

I believe Matt Miller legitimately has a "source", or friend, within the 49ers organization. This guy used to defend Trent Baalke on twitter vehemently and called the Jaquiski Tartt pick, which NOBODY saw coming, right before the 49ers turned it in. You don't pull that out of a hat. I think Matt Miller is indeed connected to one of Baalke's old scouts that are still in the building, but that doesn't mean that John Lynch or Kyle Shanahan see eye to eye with the holdovers. Good chance his "source" is shown the door after the draft is over.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 31, 2017 at 12:52 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Here we go...this guy said that and all of a sudden people think Lynch would actually draft either guy at #2. Not. I think the closer the draft gets the more likelihood Lynch trades down. His dilemma is there isn't any one player He & Coach feel strongly enough about to take at #2. If the rumor WRT Carolina pans out and they end up picking at #8 it really opens up a number of players they wouldn't take at #2.

So you shutdown peoples opinion then proceed to say yours is more likely. Oh OK.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Drafting isn't just for this year.

Hyde is a free agent after the year and can't stay healthy.

Bowman may never be the same and if say he does regain his form as a 3 down MLB then we still have no-one for SAM. Foster would be an ideal addition to our team. We actually need him badly.
Fournette yes please.

Foster its too early. Guy would have to have potential to be the head of the defense and the leader after Bow is let go/retires. I dont think he has the makeup/character to be a leader of men in the NFL. Too many character concerns. without the character concerns, yes, i would agree with the consideration.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Mar 31, 2017 at 1:45 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone