LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

MadDog49er Best 50 Board

Adams

on Thomas and Zay Jones. Two of my favorite guys in this class. Not that me being a fan of Thomas is a shock to anyone on here.
Originally posted by genus49:

on Thomas and Zay Jones. Two of my favorite guys in this class. Not that me being a fan of Thomas is a shock to anyone on here.

Love both
Great take and I agree with most...I'm warming up to mahomes (yeah I said it lol). Not sold on any qb all need to hold a clip board. I could see Pitt going after him at 30.
MD,

Can you give a breakdown of what you see exactly at the DE/OLB spot this year? Who do you see putting their hand in the dirt vs actually having to playing OLB? You have a large amount of guys slotted for those roles in this top 50. Would you want to trade back up for any of them? This is arguably the most important position to address this year so it needs to be an early pick. Is there that much separation from the 20's to mid 30's?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Great take and I agree with most...I'm warming up to mahomes (yeah I said it lol). Not sold on any qb all need to hold a clip board. I could see Pitt going after him at 30.

Had this exact conversation with my father in law....he's a Browns fan.
Wow a lot of offensive skilled players that should be available for the 9ers in the 1st, 2nd, and possibly 3rd round.

Quick question MD, given the importance of the QB position could you justify draft Mahomes 2nd over Thomas and company?

If the 9ers could swing the trade with Carolina, they could literally come away with;
Mahomes
Evan Engram
Zay Jones
Originally posted by jreff22:
Adams

Cant say I agree with that ranking. Dudes an enforcer.
Fournette is pretty low. Surprise to see Riddick that high.. I understand your reasoning for a lot of these but wow this is the most shocking board ive seen. Ill give you the benefit of the doubt though MD.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
How the hell.....

Kaepernick could make that play!!!

Think about it. ...

Originally posted by JBrack:

Think about it. ...

In an NFCCG in Seattle no less...
Originally posted by 9moon:
1 Myles Garrett Texas A&M DE/OLB
2 Solomon Thomas Stanford DE
3 Malik Hooker Ohio State S
4 Marshawn Lattimore Ohio State CB
5 Patrick Mahomes Texas Tech QB
6 Haason Reddick Temple LB

THE LIST (3 to 6) is really mind boggling to me.. and I mean no offense... but this is why I say that..

no way Hooker is as good as the late as Sean Taylor to be on the top 3, or better yer, is Hooker even close to an Earl Thomas??

By putting Lattimore as high as 4, that's basically saying that this kid is as good as PRIME TIME.. Lattimore isn't even better than Shawn Springs was when he was at Ohio State.

Mahomes - I see him getting drafted in the 1st, but we're talking about, towards end of 1st if EVER... he may just be the reason why GRAPPOLO has yet to be dealt... I saw 4 Mahomes games and there were times that he reminded me of JIM MCMAHON.. and there were times that he made some awesome plays that BRETT FAVRE used to make.. but he's no top 10..

REDDICK - may just be the one that can be a surprise by getting drafted between 2 to 6 !!!

Sorry to the MADDOGS followers and believer, I just really don't see how Hooker, Lattimore, Mahomes or even Reddick being better than Jonathan Allen at all..

I will not reply to 9moon posts.
I will not reply to 9mo...ARGH DAMMIT

This is literally MD's third sentence:

"This is not a mock draft, but how I feel the player projects to the NFL."

Dammit. Now I have to go wash my hands.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Mar 30, 2017 at 3:43 PM ]
Interesting. This will be a good one to look back on in a few years. Leonard Fournette at 45? Wow.
Originally posted by JBrack:
How the hell.....

Think about it. ...

All but the throw... Kap could escape, then he'd either throw 5 yards over the receiver's head or so hard the guy couldn't catch it.
I will not reply to 9mo...ARGH DAMMIT

This is literally MD's third sentence:

"This is not a mock draft, but how I feel the player projects to the NFL."

Dammit. Now I have to go wash my hands.

There's also the fact that he's comparing these guys to every player in NFL history apparently. No team is going to say "well no Deion Sanders in this draft guess I'm not going to take the best corner on my board"
Share 49ersWebzone