LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Possible Draft Day Trade Partners

Options falling back from #2:

#6 New York - Needs defense and a franchise QB badly. Could move ahead of CHI, who also needs defense, for their choice of the liter.

#8 Carolina - Looking for a big offensive piece to help Cam Newton out. Would wan't to jump ahead of JAC and TEN who both need offense. CAR has 2 2nd Rounders.

#9 Cincinnati - Could use help everywhere on defense. Solomon Thomas would fit nicely right beside Geno. CIN does have a bunch of picks.

#17 Washington - Need an impact player on defense badly. Would allow them to get the pick of the best secondary prospect, in a premier class, in their biggest area of need. Could also use pass rush. Maybe even a QB. WAS does have a bunch of picks.

Options trading into the back end of Round 1:

#27 Kansas City - Needs picks and would only slot back 7 picks.

#31 Atlanta - Needs picks and would only slot back 3 picks.
Tennessee 5 & 18. If Garrett is there.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Aside from Garrett and beyond QB, I don't think there is a single player any team will trade up for. So the potential partners would likely be the Jets, Bills and Browns from 12, all QB hungry teams.

You can count the number of times Cincy has traded up in the entire draft on one hand. It's unlikely they trade up.

Washington because of Dan Snyder is unpredictable. I wouldn't rule out or be shocked by a draft day trade with them of some sort.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Yeah this seems like the most obvious one to me.
The Browns if they want Garrett and Trubisky.

This plus their 3rd, 5th and next year's 2nd
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Mar 25, 2017 at 4:04 AM ]
Denver needs OL help. Day 2 trade partner if we want to move back.
Originally posted by evil:
Aside from Garrett and beyond QB, I don't think there is a single player any team will trade up for. So the potential partners would likely be the Jets, Bills and Browns from 12, all QB hungry teams.

You can count the number of times Cincy has traded up in the entire draft on one hand. It's unlikely they trade up.

Washington because of Dan Snyder is unpredictable. I wouldn't rule out or be shocked by a draft day trade with them of some sort.

I agree with this. If there's a trade up, I think it will come in the 6-10 range where all you have to give up is a 2nd or 3rd round pick and you can still get one of the players you would have targeted at 2.

The Jets can likely sit back and take whichever QB they want at 6 if they don't think that's too high. They may want to trade back from their pick, not up.

I think it's more likely we trade back (or up) from 34 than 2. A QB or first round talent at CB could be there for our 2nd round pick and draw some interest.

If we try sticking by the trade value chart expecting multiple 2nd round picks in return for trading back, there's no way anyone will trade up to #2. The talent in this draft is too flat from #2 to #10 for that to be a good idea.

The Bears and Panthers are probably the best fits for Thomas after us, but I doubt the Bears trade up 1 spot and the Panthers may try to sit and wait for Lattimore/Hooker/Adams/Fournette to fall to 8 or trade up with the Jets to get one of them. They have a lot of good interior defensive linemen, so Thomas wouldn't be as valuable there anyways (his versatility is a plus for us since he can rotate inside on passing downs).
It seems like the best target to trade down would be a team that feels they are one player away from making a big step, if said player is at risk of getting taken ahead of them.

#4 Jacksonville: Fournette
#5 Tennessee: Hooker
#6 Jets: all QB's
#8 Panthers: Lattimore/Adams
#9 Bengals: Thomas

I say bring all of these players in for workouts and then Lynch can start the PR campaign.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

This plus their 3rd, 5th and next year's 2nd

No way lol. We'd only be trading down 3 spots and getting a mid first aswell. The trade is equal on the draft value scale if it happens you might see something like us giving them a 4th and them throwing in a 3rd

• fip24
  • Veteran
I could see Carolina moving up for Fournette. I would do#2 and the 4th rd pick for # 8, and their 2 2nd rd picks
Originally posted by fip24:
I could see Carolina moving up for Fournette. I would do#2 and the 4th rd pick for # 8, and their 2 2nd rd picks

I think the Jets may want to move up and get Trubisky but they probably feel they can get him at 6.

Carolina just extended Stewart but he is declining fast. A guy like Fournette is perfect for what they want to do and maybe they could limit Cams runs and those big hits.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Denver needs OL help. Day 2 trade partner if we want to move back.

Elway and Lynch are tight, so very possible

If OT Bolles is still on the board at #34 I could see something getting done
I think the Browns might trade their #12 pick to move back to #2 and get the QB they want...from all reports, NE's not trading Garrapolo. Think about it...Cleveland could get Garrett & their QB with the 1st 2 picks of the draft. They've got plenty of picks to make the deal.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think the Browns might trade their #12 pick to move back to #2 and get the QB they want...from all reports, NE's not trading Garrapolo. Think about it...Cleveland could get Garrett & their QB with the 1st 2 picks of the draft. They've got plenty of picks to make the deal.
Yup, that's what I've been saying all along, not too keep tooting this horn, but it makes sense. They have picks to make the trade happen, but they also have ZWR they could package in the deal pending reinstatement.. Helps SF fill one of our needs.. at 12, we can take whatever position we want -- even QB. also could trade back a few more spots and get Mahomes if he isn't 12 worthy have 2 second rounders.. go Derek Rivers/Daeshon Hall (My choices) and McCaffrey/Best available (assuming we get 33 also). This move would be the best possible imo, and the browns might just do it for their QB and Garrett.

Even if the Browns go away from Garrett at one, I'd rather get a future franchise qb, ZWR (I know some don't agree), Edge Rusher, and BPA (12, 33, 34, Gordon) over just having 2 and 34.

Why Cleveland would do it: they still have so many picks in the next two drafts! High hopes
Share 49ersWebzone