There are 211 users in the forums

Completing the WCO and 4-3

The new regime has brought some fresh schemes back to the bay. Extremely excited to have the new WCO here, especially under Shan The 4-3 has potential, excited to see it in action as well.
My biggest needs for both to work: My Picks:
1. Edge Rush (Leo) Myles Garrett at #2 or Derek Rivers at #34/Jacquies Smith
2. Big body WR (ZWR) Mike Williams/Corey Davis/Zay Jones/ long shot- Josh Gordon
3. Future franchise QB Patrick Mahomes/Nathan Peterman/wait for 2018 (cousins/draft)
4. Ground covering FS Malik Hooker/Justin Evans/Fish Smithson/Trust J. Ward
5. Zone OL Not my area of expertise--We could use a guard though
6. Change of pace compliment RB Marlon Mack/Samaje Perine/Jamaal Charles
7. Versatile ILB (pass coverage & run stop) Raekwon McMillan/Jarrad Davis
How would you guys assess this? We have the draft to knock out some of these, but are there any free agents out there we could still use?
Obviously we can't get all of these guys or even one of them from category, but perhaps we could pull at least 3 or 4 of them, especially if we find a trade partner for #2.
Who do you guys see as best fits for these holes we need to fill, how would you assess them? How do you make the most of this draft for the rebuild?
Can't wait to see Lynch and Shanahan in their first draft, high hopes Glad it's not Baalke anymore
It's all about how the number 2 pick goes, so many ways the draft could end up bc of so many needs, it's all about who is highest on Shanahan and Lynch board..
Good thread. I don't think we should go for it all in one year however. I just want impact players. Trade up with those mid-round picks so we can walk away with 5 or even 6 top 100 players in the draft. I'd hold onto maybe one 7th for a guy like Chad Kelly.

I just want us to come away with Garrett/Thomas, Lawson/Mahomes/Bowser/Watt, Peterman/Smith/Kupp, and Kamara. Outside of that, maybe pick up another linebacker. Pick a combination of those four guys I'm the 1st - 3rd or 4th rounds and I'm good.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
It's all about how the number 2 pick goes, so many ways the draft could end up bc of so many needs, it's all about who is highest on Shanahan and Lynch board..

Agree

And if there is a potential trading partner - it'll depend on what they offer or we demand
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Good thread. I don't think we should go for it all in one year however. I just want impact players. Trade up with those mid-round picks so we can walk away with 5 or even 6 top 100 players in the draft. I'd hold onto maybe one 7th for a guy like Chad Kelly.

I just want us to come away with Garrett/Thomas, Lawson/Mahomes/Bowser/Watt, Peterman/Smith/Kupp, and Kamara. Outside of that, maybe pick up another linebacker. Pick a combination of those four guys I'm the 1st - 3rd or 4th rounds and I'm good.

I'm w/you LifelongNiner!

Get impact guys who can start right away or are only a year away from full-time starter.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I'm w/you LifelongNiner!

Get impact guys who can start right away or are only a year away from full-time starter.

Agreed. We have guys in place to help teach the schemes & get them installed much faster than normal
Share 49ersWebzone