LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

voch lombardi says the niners should draft leonard fournette

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
He's only been around for a year or so. Instead of looking at followers as a way to judge him watch his videos. He knows what he's talking about.

I'll check him out

He talks like barry white and puts me to sleep sometimes.
he says that the reason he likes the niners to draft leonard fournette at 2 is because he thinks he is a stud rb and the niners have so many wholes they need to take a stud at 2 and he says if the cowboys can take zeke at 4 then the niners can take fournette at 2 and he doesn't think that highly of carlos hyde because he is hurt all the time.
I don't see the value at 2nd overall. Yeah I know Elliott was a beast last year and this is a copy cat league, but big-picture wise it doesn't make much sense to me. RB is probably the easiest position to find, especially under this coach and run scheme. I have no doubt Fournette is going to be a really good player. I just have a ton of confidence Shanahan and Turner can find quality RBs for this system pretty much anywhere in the draft.
I don't want him at 2 either but he is special. If garrets gonna there is no obvious pick.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
His videos likely don't appeal to the casual football fan. There's no fancy editing or cut-ups. It's just him watching game tape and breaking it down, but he does an excellent job of breaking down the small nuances of what is transpiring or what is supposed to transpire.

I find him really hit and miss. Sometimes he just drones on and on without getting to any kind of point, and he seems to scout almost EVERYONE despite clearly having a lot more knowledge (and interest) about some positions than others. I'd kinda prefer if he did half as many videos that were half as long but spent that time gained distilling the info a bit more.
Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:
he says that the reason he likes the niners to draft leonard fournette at 2 is because he thinks he is a stud rb and the niners have so many wholes they need to take a stud at 2 and he says if the cowboys can take zeke at 4 then the niners can take fournette at 2 and he doesn't think that highly of carlos hyde because he is hurt all the time.

Horrible reasoning to draft someone...draft him because a team drafted a RB (that was already a playoff caliber team) in the top 5 last yr. Hyde is hurt all the time yet LF was hurt half of the yr this season....solid reasoning
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Brett Kollmann's report was a lot better IMO and the main negative he brings up with Fournette is he isn't a good fit for an outside zone scheme. He wants to run gap schemes north south and follow a fullback to help with his reads (one thing our new OW isn't so great at.) I'll eat my hat if we draft him.

yeah I hear you guys drafting rb's in the first round isn't the way to go even if they are gonna be a great running back I would rather go with marshon Lattimore a great corner back instead but voch Lombardi must think leonard fournette is a once in a generation type of running back so that's why he is so high on the niners taking him
I also agree that leonard fournette is a better fit in a power scheme than a zone running scheme
I agree 100 percent , grab fournette ! Here's my reasons . Say we get a defensive player like a lineman or lb , what's that going to do for us year 1 ? Whoever it is the transition and learning curve is there . We will see plays here and there that we will like maybe a few sacks and we'll watch him grow . Is he going to win a game single handedly ? Probably not . Fournette would be a threat to score every time he was on the field . Defences would have to account for him every play . I know as a 30 year niner fan I'd love to see someone ripping off 90 yard runs , been a while since I got to jump outta my seat as a niner fan . Hyde and fournette would open up the offence perfectly together . Let's be real about Hyde .... defences aren't scared of Hyde , nobody's game planning for Hyde lol , with fournette .... def would sit up and notice when he got on the field , he's a legit beast .

Everybody says the Niners should draft everybody, who cares
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I don't want us drafting a RB with the 2nd pick because of what [anyone else says]... even if this guys is legit. If Shanny / Lynch goes with LF, then I'll have no choice but to be down with it. I'll support him...
Share 49ersWebzone