There are 271 users in the forums

Who do you absolutely NOT want to draft at #2?

I honestly have little to no excitement about any of the players projected at 2 or around it. But I definitely don't want Solomon Thomas, or any of the qb's.

Thomas just seems to much like a tweener. What would he do? Play the Leo on base downs and then slide into the three technique on pass downs? Idk. He just doesn't strike me as a all-pro game changer type player.

All the qb's suck in this draft.

best case scenario is we trade down because somebody gets desperate for a qb's.
Leonard Fournette.

That is not an indictment of him, I think he's going to be a fantastic player. Its more due to where we are as a team. With so many holes to fill, I don't see the value in selecting a RB at this point. I can see the Ezekiel Elliott argument, and he was great last year. At the same time, Jordan Howard went 5th rd and ran for 1,300 yards at 5.2 yards a carry. This is not all that uncommon. RB is a easy position to find value and production.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 24, 2017 at 9:01 PM ]
Kizer- I can't find it in me (even after watching him some more) to get excited about This guy. I don't know what Lynch sees. Maybe he's nice to take on a date, but he isn't accurate, and doesn't throw with anticipation a lot - he seems to have to see the receiver is open before he throws it. I don't know guys....
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
I honestly have little to no excitement about any of the players projected at 2 or around it. But I definitely don't want Solomon Thomas, or any of the qb's.

Thomas just seems to much like a tweener. What would he do? Play the Leo on base downs and then slide into the three technique on pass downs? Idk. He just doesn't strike me as a all-pro game changer type player.

Ahm....you know rush the passer, stop the run. Not that we really need those things since our defense was so good last year.
Originally posted by genus49:

Ahm....you know rush the passer, stop the run. Not that we really need those things since our defense was so good last year.
In talking about what position does he play and how well does he fit it. In this current scheme I think he fits best at the same spot Buckner will play. Yes he is a great run defender, but I just don't see it as a passrusher. He just strikes me as a guy who will be a good pro, just not a perennial probowler, all-pro, game-wrecker type player. I think that bowl game and combine has really blow up his stock. I'd rather trade down and grab a true elephant passrusher, or an offensive weapon.
1. Any of the QB's - duh!
2. Reuben Foster - too high even if the Niners have a need
3. Leonard Fournette - this is a deep draft class at RB.

In talking about what position does he play and how well does he fit it. In this current scheme I think he fits best at the same spot Buckner will play. Yes he is a great run defender, but I just don't see it as a passrusher. He just strikes me as a guy who will be a good pro, just not a perennial probowler, all-pro, game-wrecker type player. I think that bowl game and combine has really blow up his stock. I'd rather trade down and grab a true elephant passrusher, or an offensive weapon.
TFW when you called it.
Originally posted by Jasta:
Originally posted by Lurker:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by Jasta:
If we traded down to the teens and got McCaffrey I'd be more than happy. Drafting Fournette at #2 feels like buying a sweet muscle car when what you really need is a job, a new girlfriend and somewhere to live.

LOL, that is funny. Personally, I hope for a trade down too with a handful of sweet picks in return.

What's funny about it? It's an analogy that has zero to do with the truth of the situation.

Zero? Harsh. I think your fake news detector is up a little high... an analogy that has zero to do with the truth of the situation would be:

"Drafting Fournette is like hitting a mongoose with a tyre iron, you can't see his tears but at least you get ice cream."

How did I miss this gold two years ago!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think the Alabams DTs this year are overrated..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I think the Alabams DTs this year are overrated..

Why? I think both are amazing prospects, and I actually think Raekwon is underhyped

Originally posted by Heroism:
Reuben Foster.

There are other guys, but I can find a way to cope with those.

Basically every concern and fear I had about Reuben during the draft process manifested in 2 years in the league.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 29, 2018 at 3:11 PM ]

TFW when you called it.

You were right. I figured by drafting him it ensured we had a clear plan for him. Hasn't been that way so far and Sully definitely underwhelmed as a pass rusher. I'm not seeing the same guy I saw on film. Sucky.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Don't tear your rotator cuff patting yourself on the back........
Originally posted by FL9er:
Don't tear your rotator cuff patting yourself on the back........

Too late.
Do not want Bosa....

NEED Bosa.
Share 49ersWebzone