There are 258 users in the forums

Who do you absolutely NOT want to draft at #2?

• Jasta
  • Veteran
Name your top 3 picks that you will absolutely lose your mind over, flip a table and then come on here and spew ALL CAPS if we draft them at #2.
(Realistic first round options only. Individuals, positions, types of player is fine.)

1. Any of the Quarterbacks
    There's no top 10 talent here and I'm not seeing a lot of daylight between the QB's available at #2 and the ones likely to still be there at #34.

2. Marshon Lattimore
    We went Cornerback last draft, the one area Baalke may not have totally sucked at drafting. We have more pressing needs.

3. Jonathan Allen
    Insanely talented, would probably be great but going interior DL for the third draft in a row seems like the definition of insanity.
1. QBs - same reason.
2. Leonard Fournette - not my guy, too early for a spot that isn't a huge need immediately for the team.
3. Marshon Lattimore - CB is about the last spot we need at the moment. Like you said, Baalke may not have sucked at drafting corners.
Reuben Foster.

There are other guys, but I can find a way to cope with those.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 22, 2017 at 9:23 PM ]
No to any QB,S and RB
Mitch the b***h
Solomon Thomas

Marshon Lattimore

Any of QB's ESPECIALLY Deshon Kizer

Mitchell.
Leonard Fournette. You don't take a RB that high when you're building your franchise from the ground up. There's a reason that RBs are one of the lowest paid positions.. because they're pretty easy to find.

Rueben Foster. We got our MLB and he's soft anyways.

Any QB. Still holding out hope that Kirk can reconnect his love with Kyle. Regardless there is way more value for QBs in mid rounds.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Anyone Baalke would've considered (all dudes who are already injured)...
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Solomon Thomas
Not my first choice either, but absolutely no way? What would be wrong with him, just curious? Feel that he isn't the Leo we're looking for, there are plenty of pass rushers in later rounds?
Does this mean you want Hooker or Adams?

Glad to see some others agree about Fournette, thought I was the only one

Mr. "Do you know who the fahk I am?"
1. Staying at #2

2. Solomon Thomas

3. Jonathan Allen

Really hope and expect a trade back. If not, it's very hard to predict where they go, but hunch says it would be a safety like Adams or they go big on offense with a QB or RB. No value in QB there but if they pick one, I trust Shanahan.

Desperately need and want a LB but not sure any are worth taking there.

If they have to pick there, I say go Fournette if the ankle isn't a concern. Him, Hyde, Hoyer, Garçon, Kerley, Goodwin, Juszyck (spell check), McDonald and a decent o-line all of a sudden go from league worst offense to maybe 15.
As long as it isn't a QB, CB or RB. I can live with just about anyone else.

Allen/Foster I would rather not for various reasons but would give Lynch the benefit and wait to see how it plays out.
1.Any interior lineman
2.QB
3.Running back
4. Trading the pick to Washington straight up for cousins
1. Corner
2. QB
3. Linebacker
4. WR

Having said that, I trust that they know what they are doing and they will pick good players in all the rounds and then coach them up real good. I definitely think that they should go BPA and not be overly concerned about present needs. It's not a one-draft process. I won't whine about any pick.

I might be ticked off if Leonard Fournette ends up on another team in the NFC west and is running all over us twice a year for the next 5+years.
Share 49ersWebzone