Joe Willaims HB Utah

5'11 210lbs
40 YARD DASH: 4.41 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 14 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 35.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 125.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 7.19 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.19 SEC

This guy is very impressive good vision, uses both agility and power. Often baits defenders to take the wrong angle using 3rd gear before he hits 4th gear.

Red Flags: Was expelled from Uconn for theft, retired from football after being benched for a slew of fumbles.

After seeing both of Utahs HBs get injured he returned
"I came back more for than myself," Williams said. "It was more like, 'I'm not going to leave you out to dry ... I'm doing this for ya'll. I'm going to put it on the line for ya'll.'"

His first game back he ran for 179 yards and in his 2nd game he broke the school record with 332 yards and 4TDs

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/behind-joe-williams-unusual-return-from-retirement-to-save-utahs-playoff-hopes/amp/
I live in Utah, so I saw him up close. He is definitely explosive. But I question how much he loves football. That is something that Lynch said he would be focusing on. Joe has had fumble issues throughout his career and this season after fumbling multiple times and getting chewed out and benched by Coach Whittingham, he basically quit on the team. He had injuries, he wasn't playing, so he decided to leave football and focus and graduating. Then after the running backs on the roster that were playing ahead of him got hurt, players and coaches on the team asked him to come back. So he did, and he finished the year quite strongly. But the way he left, left a bitter taste in my mouth.
[ Edited by YayArea on Mar 22, 2017 at 6:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Since07:
5'11 210lbs
40 YARD DASH: 4.41 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 14 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 35.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 125.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 7.19 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.19 SEC

This guy is very impressive good vision, uses both agility and power. Often baits defenders to take the wrong angle using 3rd gear before he hits 4th gear.

Red Flags: Was expelled from Uconn for theft, retired from football after being benched for a slew of fumbles.

After seeing both of Utahs HBs get injured he returned
"I came back more for than myself," Williams said. "It was more like, 'I'm not going to leave you out to dry ... I'm doing this for ya'll. I'm going to put it on the line for ya'll.'"

His first game back he ran for 179 yards and in his 2nd game he broke the school record with 332 yards and 4TDs

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/behind-joe-williams-unusual-return-from-retirement-to-save-utahs-playoff-hopes/amp/

That LG (#54) is beast tho...
Share 49ersWebzone