LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Really Solid Draft

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/49ers-post-free-agency-mock-draft-2-0/

I saw this in the Press Democrat and thought it was very different from most of the mocks I've seen.

I really like the first 5 picks.

Thoughts??
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I saw this in the Press Democrat and thought it was very different from most of the mocks I've seen.

Thoughts??
Not a bad mock overall, but corner is probably the best part of the team rn.. I can't imagine us taking Lattimore (but he is a beast) there.. I like Jarrad Davis more than Cunningham personally. Then, there's quite a few guys I want over Willis. I love the Chad Williams pick late though
[ Edited by 49erInTheMidwest on Mar 22, 2017 at 12:34 PM ]

Thoughts??

Hate it...drafting a CB who's constantly injured in a very deep DB class...no thanks, at that pt I'd rather take one of the top safeties. Zach Cunningham is a athlete, but not a very good tackler (21 missed tackles last yr) Joe Williams is a head case and already "retired" once. The only pick I actually like is the Willis pick.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
The WORST mock draft I have ever seen.
Like it. Hits a lot of the defensive needs, although I wouldn't mind seeing a QB picked a little higher. Don't hate the RB pick but don't love it either.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Hey we agree
No thanks on corner at 2. Love me some Cunningham. I think we should address our pass rush prior to round 3 preferably in round 1 and go Corner in the 3rd cause there will still be top talent at corner available then.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Lattimore is as good as pick as any, in my opinion.

I don't think Brock is a good fit for this scheme at all. He's 5'10'' and Seattle's scheme requires long and tall corners. Robinson is an obvious day 1 starter, but they still need a CB2
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Thoughts??

Hate it...drafting a CB who's constantly injured in a very deep DB class...no thanks, at that pt I'd rather take one of the top safeties. Zach Cunningham is a athlete, but not a very good tackler (21 missed tackles last yr) Joe Williams is a head case and already "retired" once. The only pick I actually like is the Willis pick.

I'm with you NY. There are a bunch of good CB's available in the 3rd or 4th round like Witherspoon from Colorado or Sutton from Tennessee or Kazee from San Diego St. Good call on Cunningham who will need to bulk up to succeed at the next level. Joe Williams is listed as a 7th rounder/FA on CBS Sports list of prospects.

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Lattimore is as good as pick as any, in my opinion.

I don't think Brock is a good fit for this scheme at all. He's 5'10'' and Seattle's scheme requires long and tall corners. Robinson is an obvious day 1 starter, but they still need a CB2

they dont necessarily need to be tall and lanky. they just need to know how to press and bump 'n' run very well. And of course they need to know how to hold the receiver outside of the refs' sight
Tired of these areola impact types like Arik Armstead, Jimmie Ward, Buckner, Josh Garnett (who), Reid, and Jenkins who hover around key players.

Give me a nipple that squirts milk.
Not a fan of taking Lattimore either. I like how Grant says he is the best CB to come out since Peters....like as if it was a long time ago or that Peters is a once in a decade CB. Im sorry but in no way would i take Peters at #2, even if he was a saint on and off the field.

Id much rather go with Hooker at #2 and keep Ward in at CB. Would give us 4 solid secondary players in Robinson, Ward, Hooker, and Tartt/Reid
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I'm with you NY. There are a bunch of good CB's available in the 3rd or 4th round like Witherspoon from Colorado or Sutton from Tennessee or Kazee from San Diego St. Good call on Cunningham who will need to bulk up to succeed at the next level. Joe Williams is listed as a 7th rounder/FA on CBS Sports list of prospects.

yup everyone and their but but Seattle players do this and are this size stuff..if our DC is looking to copy their blue print then we sure as heck won't be drafting a CB early.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

yup everyone and their but but Seattle players do this and are this size stuff..if our DC is looking to copy their blue print then we sure as heck won't be drafting a CB early.

very true. Seattle finds their CBs at the end of the draft. Strong guys with high fotball IQs and ability ingest a copious amount of amphetamines at once
Share 49ersWebzone