LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

Tedric Thompson - S

Originally posted by NYniner85:
There's a lot to work with imo...I'm not saying draft him in the top 34. I'd rather get a developmental FS who does have a eye for getting INTs and was the best cover S last yr. I think Ward can be a top end FS and I'd rather let him have a chance at it first.

Agreed. Ward was a interception machiene in college when he played Safety. With Reid, Tartt and Ward as locks I don't see a point in drafting a Safety this year. Maybe a UDFA or a 7th rounder. Just wait for next year and try and get Derwin James from FSU. Dudes gonna be a MONSTER.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
There's a lot to work with imo...I'm not saying draft him in the top 34. I'd rather get a developmental FS who does have a eye for getting INTs and was the best cover S last yr. I think Ward can be a top end FS and I'd rather let him have a chance at it first.

Agreed. Ward was a interception machiene in college when he played Safety. With Reid, Tartt and Ward as locks I don't see a point in drafting a Safety this year. Maybe a UDFA or a 7th rounder. Just wait for next year and try and get Derwin James from FSU. Dudes gonna be a MONSTER.

James is nasty...imo I'm all in on a qb next yr that should be top priority. Got no problem spending a mid tier draft pick on a FS this hr
This guy is great in coverage but you better have fantastic linebackers because this dude sucks vs the run. I'd still take him in the 5th and try to develop him. He's a 2nd rounder if you grade his coverage ability, and a 7th rounder/FA if you grade his run D and tackling
[ Edited by saniner on Apr 8, 2017 at 10:12 AM ]
James is nasty...imo I'm all in on a qb next yr that should be top priority. Got no problem spending a mid tier draft pick on a FS this hr

Well I'm in the mind state that we are getting Cousins next year. If we don't then yes QB
If we wait to draft one past round 3.. I want him or Fish Smithson from Kansas -- check him out
I think Thompson is highly underrated. Doesn't have great measurables but he has very good anticipation and instincts in coverage, a guy who has no trouble finding his way to the football, if a team is willing to be patient with him, I think he can be a very good NFL defensive back eventually.
Share 49ersWebzone