LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Rank your top 10 choices for #2

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by JBrack:
You got a point there. The Jets are known for their blunders in the draft or otherwise.

Personally I like Trubisky and I think he looks as good as any throwing QB I have seen. And he isn't a 4 year starter either which is impressive. I think if a team really likes him the risk is most certainly worth the reward. Its a tough pill to swallow though. The facts are the facts. He is a one year wonder at this point.

Or he can be Aaron Rodgers, who only had two years of experience at Cal.

One of the reasons he fell to 24. We are talking #2 here. If you go with Trubisky you are going with your gut. There just isn't enough tape to make a justified opinion here one way or the other. Its certainly a dilemma.
You got a point there. The Jets are known for their blunders in the draft or otherwise.

Personally I like Trubisky and I think he looks as good as any throwing QB I have seen. And he isn't a 4 year starter either which is impressive. I think if a team really likes him the risk is most certainly worth the reward. Its a tough pill to swallow though. The facts are the facts. He is a one year wonder at this point.

Or he can be Aaron Rodgers, who only had two years of experience at Cal.

One of the reasons he fell to 24. We are talking #2 here. If you go with Trubisky you are going with your gut. There just isn't enough tape to make a justified opinion here one way or the other. Its certainly a dilemma.

Trade down to 11 and take him just before the Browns. Lol
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
To all the 'Trade Down' people, there just isn't the value at the #2 spot this year as there has been in previous years. It's a bummer, but it's reality. There really isn't much difference between #2 and #8, as you'll see in everyone's post. I really don't see a possibility of trading down, unless it's a spot or two for like a 3rd rounder.

I agree, also think the Bears signing Glennon hurts us, I think a QB needy team might have called us to leapfrog the Bears, they might now be able to stand pat and get their guy.

Fournette could be worth it to certain teams, but they should be able to wait until he gets to #6 and call the Jets.
1. Garrett
2. Trade Down
3. Thomas
4. Trubisky
5. Adams
6. Fournette
7. Lattimore
8. Foster
9. Hooker
10. Howard

Would be happy with any of my first 5 options.
I just gotta say anyone who doesn't have Adams on their list... You're wrong!
1. Trade
2. R. Foster
3. S. Thomas
4. J. Adams

Assuming Garrett is gone.
[ Edited by 9erguy on Mar 20, 2017 at 5:55 PM ]
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
1. Garrett
2. Trade Down
3. Adams
4. Hooker
5. Thomas
6. Williams
7. Davis
8. Foster
9. Howard
10. Fournette
[ Edited by Jasta on Mar 20, 2017 at 6:18 PM ]
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

That's what she said
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I agree, also think the Bears signing Glennon hurts us, I think a QB needy team might have called us to leapfrog the Bears, they might now be able to stand pat and get their guy.

Fournette could be worth it to certain teams, but they should be able to wait until he gets to #6 and call the Jets.

Glennon isn't a FQB though, he smells more like their version of Hoyer, a place holder who can win a few games but ultimately is keeping the seat warm for 'the guy'.
Originally posted by babarvaart:
Glennon isn't a FQB though, he smells more like their version of Hoyer, a place holder who can win a few games but ultimately is keeping the seat warm for 'the guy'.

No, but they're paying him $15 million to give themselves time and options. I don't think a team would call us unless they fell hard for just 1 QB. If they like 0 or 2 I think we're out of luck

1. Garrett
2. Hooker
3. Adams
4. Lattimore
5. Trade Down
6. Trade Down
7. Trade Down
8. Trade Down
9. Trade Down
10. Trade Down
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
No, but they're paying him $15 million to give themselves time and options. I don't think a team would call us unless they fell hard for just 1 QB. If they like 0 or 2 I think we're out of luck

Fox is in yr 3 there isn't he ?

they need a FQB more than we do. Not saying they will but for me the Browns, Bears and Jets all need a QB pretty bad.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by 9erred:
In what universe do you live. When walsh traded the number 3 pick to washington for two low first rounders it happened at the combine. Last year the pick 1 and pick 2 where traded for well before the draft. Outside of the Julio Jones trade many years ago I cannot think of a draft day trade that involved a top pick going while they were on the clock

Rivers and Eli draft is the other one I can think of.

That was already worked out, they just had to make sure Rivers was on the board.

My guess is they are holding out hope that the Browns will pass on Garrett for a QB, and if not then they will trade the pick.

Agree

If Browns trade that pick - they'll get a King's Ransom
Garrett
Trade Down
Lattimore
Thomas
Adams
Hooker
Corey Davis
Foster
Watson
Trubisky