LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Rank your top 10 choices for #2

1. Garrett- consensus
2. Thomas- wouldn't surprise me to see him outplay Garrett over the next decade
3. Hooker- slight edge over Adams for me
4. Adams- leadership skills, character solidify top 5
5. Williams- my top WR. Love Davis also but less questions in my mind here
6. Fournette- hoping he isn't drafted as a franchise changer so we can enjoy him. If healthy???
7. Cook- just below LF7 because he's not quite the athlete we expected
8. Allen- I expect a solid career but he'd be a bit redundant for us IMO
9. Lattimore- best CB in a VERY deep class of them. That said there will be alot of value available throughout draft.
10. Watson- I've been higher then most on this guy. So much so I'd be excited if they just take him at 2 and say he was our guy.

In the end I'm predicting Soloman Thomas or Deshaun Watson. Doesn't it seem like that "no QB in the first round" talk sure has gotten quiet?
  1. Garrett
  2. Thomas
  3. Trubisky
  4. Watson
  5. Allen
  6. Hooker
  7. Adams
  8. Barnett
  9. Williams
  10. Lattimore
1. Garrett
2. Thomas
3. Hooker
4. Lattimore
5. Adams
6. Trubisky
7. Fournette
8. Allen
9. Foster
10. Barnett

I'd be happier with any of the guys 2-10 and a 2nd round pick than Solomon Thomas so I'm a big fan of trading down even if we don't get the arbitrary number of points back.

I'm also a fan of trading up for Garrett even if it costs us a 2nd round pick. I'd take Garrett over Thomas and whoever is available in the 2nd round.
1. Garrett
2. Thomas
3. Watson
4. Trubisky
5. Lattimore
6. Hooker
7. Barnett
8. Davis
9. Allen
10. Williams
  1. QB - iThe most important position in any sport. If we're drafting one here it's because Kyle loves him. If Kyle loves him, then so do I.
  2. Monster trade down netting us at multiple picks, allowing us to have (or easily acquire) two first round picks in this draft. Two stud players > one.
  3. Myles Garrett. Best player in the draft.
  4. Malik Hooker - makes the 4-3 work. Give us the ability to put 8 in the box. Allows us to have a good pair at CB, and Ward can also be the backup FS.
  5. Derek Barnett - 2nd best Leo in the draft. Huge need, when he starts getting 10 sacks a year, no one will care where he was drafted.
  6. Lattimore - he's a better talent than either WR, and he moves Ward to his natural position. If Ward can stay healthy and own it at FS, this is like getting two players for one.
  7. WR - Huge need. If we take Mike, then Kyle thinks he's worth it. If we take Davis... when he gets his first 100 reception year, no one will question where he was drafted.
  8. Foster - heir apparent to Bowman. Our LB crew was decimated last year. Bringing in the best LB of the draft class sets us up for the long term.
  9. Allen - best player in college last year, against top competition. But not a position of huge need, as two first round picks have been made at his same position the last 2 years.
  10. Thomas - Allen - was really good in college last year, against good competition. But not a position of huge need, as two first round picks have been made at his same position the last 2 years.
1.Garrett
2. Williams
3. Hooker
4. Fournette
5. Adams
6. Allen
7. Barnett
8. Thomas
9. Davis
10. Watson
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
1. Garrett
2. Thomas
3. Trubisky
4. Watson
5. Fournette
6. Lattimore
7. Allen
8. Hooker
9. Trade down
10. Trade down
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 20, 2017 at 9:49 AM ]
1. Trade down
2. Trade down
3. Trade down
4. Trade down
5. Trade down
6. Trade down
7. Trade down
8. Trade down
9. Trade down
10. Trade down
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
1. Garrett
2. Thomas
3. Hooker
4. Lattimore
5. Adams
6. Trubisky
7. Fournette
8. Allen
9. Foster
10. Barnett

I'd be happier with any of the guys 2-10 and a 2nd round pick than Solomon Thomas so I'm a big fan of trading down even if we don't get the arbitrary number of points back.

I'm also a fan of trading up for Garrett even if it costs us a 2nd round pick. I'd take Garrett over Thomas and whoever is available in the 2nd round.

If we trade up for Garrett we don't have a 2nd
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
1. Trade down
2. Trade down
3. Trade down
4. Trade down
5. Trade down
6. Trade down
7. Trade down
8. Trade down
9. Trade down
10. Trade down

While I agree with you on this, the Jets have put up the #6 pick up to trade down and have had no takers, for all you know Lynch has shopped the number 2 pick and has no takers. Why would someone else want the number 2 pick when the talent is so flat?? there is no franchise qb.....

Originally posted by 9erred:
While I agree with you on this, the Jets have put up the #6 pick up to trade down and have had no takers, for all you know Lynch has shopped the number 2 pick and has no takers. Why would someone else want the number 2 pick when the talent is so flat?? there is no franchise qb.....

I am thinking the same thing. The only scenario that works is if a team from 3-6 falls in love with a specific player and we don't care as long as we get one of the top 6 we like. That would be great. Get one of the top 6 players and pick up another 2nd etc, but i doubt it - most teams are probably thinking the same thing.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
1. Trade down
2. Trade down
3. Trade down
4. Trade down
5. Trade down
6. Trade down
7. Trade down
8. Trade down
9. Trade down
10. Trade down

High draft picks dont get traded til draft day or when that pick is on tha clock ...so we really dont know what will happen til our pick...
1A. Garrett
1B. Trade Down
2. Thomas
3. Adams
4. Hooker
5. Allen
6. C. Davis
7. Barnett
8. Ross
9. M. Williams
10. Fournette

Trade down is almost essential. Thomas, the safeties, and Allen are BPAs, but aren't perfect fits for need or value. After that, we're reaching.

I don't like Foster. Doesn't have elite LB instincts, and character is not what you look for in QB of the defense.
To all the 'Trade Down' people, there just isn't the value at the #2 spot this year as there has been in previous years. It's a bummer, but it's reality. There really isn't much difference between #2 and #8, as you'll see in everyone's post. I really don't see a possibility of trading down, unless it's a spot or two for like a 3rd rounder.
Myles Garrett, Edge

Marshon Lattimore, CB

Corey Davis, WR

Leonard Fournette, RB

Marlon Humphrey, CB

Jonathan Allen, DT

Malik Hooker, S

Jamal Adams, S

Soloman Thomas, DT

A QB (and hope our staff was a genius with the pick? )
Share 49ersWebzone