LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Marcus Williams FS Utah

I think Lynch will draft a S...most likely a FS. Ward has some ball skills, but to play the deep FS position, I think he'd need to add @ 10 lbs of muscle. Nobody's talking about the big kid from U-Conn...Melifonwu. He's got the size, strength and speed to play pretty much anywhere in the secondary...I think he could become the new Kam Chancellor.
Very Nice prospect, haven't watched much of him but hes a ball hawk, I agree with the 1st thing you said, I think Ward should get a chance to be that single high ball hawking safety that is needed and really think he will succeed, I also think Lynch, Shanahan, and Saleh feel the same way so FS wont be drafted until 4th or later..Ward at FS, Reid/Tartt at SS..maybe the way it should've been from day 1..
As a ute fan I watched every game. He's one of those guys that seems to always be where he needs to be. He's very intelligent and has a Tillman like gift for causing turnovers
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Who y'all like better, baker or this guy.

Oh man I gotta go with my boy Buddha but Williams has the size and length I'd be happy with either
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
As a ute fan I watched every game. He's one of those guys that seems to always be where he needs to be. He's very intelligent and has a Tillman like gift for causing turnovers

Nice
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:

Nice

We could definitely use that on our defense
Williams is a very good player. Covers a lot of ground, and smooth on the field. One of the better safeties in a really strong safety class.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Williams is a very good player. Covers a lot of ground, and smooth on the field. One of the better safeties in a really strong safety class.

totally agree...if we're really in the market for a single high safety he should be looked at
totally agree...if we're really in the market for a single high safety he should be looked at

Yup, agree. One thing that stands out about this guy:

Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Yup his very athletic top 5 in Vert, Broad, 3 cone, 60 yard shuttle, 20 yard shuttle. He had 5 INTs the past two seasons.

also had the highest run-stop percentage of all FBS safeties in 2016. Second-highest tackle efficiency against run of all FBS safeties in 2016.

played a ton of single-high S in college.

Yup his very athletic top 5 in Vert, Broad, 3 cone, 60 yard shuttle, 20 yard shuttle. He had 5 INTs the past two seasons.

also had the highest run-stop percentage of all FBS safeties in 2016. Second-highest tackle efficiency against run of all FBS safeties in 2016.

Moar 2nd round picks please!

Moar 2nd round picks please!

Agreed
If there was any way to see this guy on the board at the top part of the third round, the team would have to take a serious look.
Share 49ersWebzone