There are 230 users in the forums

Underrated / Overrated 2017 Draft

FAU DL Trey Hendrickson had dinner with the Detroit Lions and met with the Baltimore Ravens prior to Thursday's pro day.
In addition, Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline passes along word that the Cardinals will be hosting him for an official visit in the near future and that the Saints will be putting him through a private workout. As for his work on pro day, Pauline notes that the 6-foot-4, 266-pounder went through defensive line and linebacker drills and was sharp in both. Wrote the analyst, "I'm told he showed great quickness, explosion and was fluid moving in every direction." To this point, Hendrickson has been among the strongest performers during the evaluating process.

He is going to end up a solid mid round pick
Former University of North Carolina Tar Heels running back T.J. Logan is out to prove his worth at the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine.

Logan split time with Elijah Hood the last three seasons in the backfield but he showed off his explosiveness every chance he good.

Aside from being a big part of the run game, Logan was a big part in UNC's kickoff return team including a long touchdown return against Georgia in Week 1.

With running backs participating in drills on Friday, Logan gave the NFL world a look at his speed.

In his first 40-yard-dash attempt, Logan ran a 4.37. That was the fastest among running backs on Friday:

Logan followed that up with a 4.44 mark on his second attempt.

The Greensboro product is looking to up his stock and will go through the full running back drills on Friday. Former teammate Elijah Hood will participate in drills but did not run the 40-yard-dash.
http://keepingitheel.com/2017/03/03/unc-football-t-j-logan-shows-off-speed-during-friday-drills/
Right now, the most underrated prospect in this draft is Charles Harris IMO. He's a must-draft. Dude's my Johnathan Hankins of 2017.

Corey Davis in the 2nd would be grand-theft WR.

Tim Williams is starting to pose some interesting value.

Sidney Jones could be a steal if he's there in the late 2nd.

Raekwon McMillan is still very underrated; can replace Bowman if needed.

Love Jarrad Davis in the 2nd too.

Carl Lawson is criminally underrated; he'd be a steal in the 3rd.

Still love me some Pat Elflein. 4th?

1. Mitch
2. Corey Davis
2a. (after trading 3rd): Charles Harris
Comp' pick: Pat Elflein

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Right now, the most underrated prospect in this draft is Charles Harris IMO. He's a must-draft. Dude's my Johnathan Hankins of 2017.

Corey Davis in the 2nd would be grand-theft WR.

Tim Williams is starting to pose some interesting value.

Sidney Jones could be a steal if he's there in the late 2nd.

Raekwon McMillan is still very underrated; can replace Bowman if needed.

Love Jarrad Davis in the 2nd too.

Carl Lawson is criminally underrated; he'd be a steal in the 3rd.

Still love me some Pat Elflein. 4th?

1. Mitch
2. Corey Davis
2a. (after trading 3rd): Charles Harris
Comp' pick: Pat Elflein

I'm not sure how likely that is.... But I would be hella down with that draft.
This has been one of the hardest years to pick a bust in recent memory; maybe the hardest since I've been following the draft. But UCLA's been pretty consistent, so I gotta go with:

The 2017 NinerSickness 1st-round Bust Prediction is:

1998: Curtis Enis
1999: Akili Smith
2000: Rashard Anderson
2001: Damoine Lewis
2002: Lito Sheppard (oops)
2003: Rex Grossman
2004: ChrisPerry
2005: Braylon Edwards
2006: Vince Young
2007: Jamaal Anderson
2008: Matt Ryan (oops)
2009: Percy Harvin
2010: TIMMY!!! (easiest bust pick ever)
2011: Cam Newton
2012: Michael Brockers
2013: Kenny Vaccaro
2014: Jonny Manziel
2015: Jamies Winston
2016: Carson Wentz

And for 2017 I gotta go with UCLA product Takkarist McKinley. Like I said, this is a tough year to pick, but UCLA consistently disappoints.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 1, 2017 at 10:06 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Then which mock draft/big board are we using to say X player is overrated/underrated?

Using NFL's grades and just their top 32 grades:

Underrated:

Patrick Mahomes - I still believe he is the top QB prospect

Budda Baker - A bit undersized, but he has elite playmaking ability

okay I completely blew it on Kamara. 100% eating crow on that. But in my defense I was comparing him to McCaffrey who I liked better and the Saints were the PERFECT team for Kamara's talents.

But nailed Mahomes and Baker
Share 49ersWebzone