There are 353 users in the forums

Which Ohio State DB at 2?

Which Ohio State DB at 2?

I honestly don't think either one is a terrible pick at #2 overall. I am starting to lean towards these two Ohio State DB's being some of the best available options where we pick. There is no clear cut guy at #2. Some of the LB's and DL prospects have injuries and head case problems. So why not these guys?

I think you can make an argument that both are worth a top 5 pick.
If stuck at 2, no Garrett, and we decide that no qb is worth the pick, then hop on the Hooker Train.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Hooker is my number two player in the draft. His range is ridiculous. Lattimore at 4th best.

I am in agreement here. Sky is the limit with him.
I think we got to go with Hooker! He has unbelievable range and ball skills! I think Latimore is the best CB but I would like to se him go another season without a hamstring issue! If you notice our depth chart we have a hole at one of our LB spots. I don't think Brooks or Lynch can play OLB in a 4-3! I think we go for a LB in round 2 like Jarred Davis or McMillan or move up for McKinley!
I do hope, with the exception of Myles G or a trade down, that one of these 2 are the pick. It's either you prefer an all pro level safety (hooker) and a probowl level cb (ward) or a probowl level safety (ward) and an all pro level cb (lattimore). Given the importance of free safety in the new defensive scheme, im inclined to go hooker.

Have to remember that, unless we want to pay reid, we don't have solid depth behind ward at FS. If he goes down to another injury, who do we Have? If hooker goes down with injury, ward moves to FS with minimal drop off, and a Dontae Johnson comes in at corner.

Taking hooker at 2 and keeping ward at cb really opens up the draft for us.

R1: Malik Hooker, FS
R2: Haason Reedick, WILL
R3: Joe Mathis, SAM/5LDE
R4: Kareem Hunt, RB
R4: Anthony Walker Jr, MIKE
R5: Ejuan Price, EDGE
R5: Robert Davis, WR
R6: Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, 1DT
R6: Xavier Woods, SS
R7: Darius English, EDGE

R1: If Redmond develops at nickel like expected, you take
Josh Sweat, LEO
If not, move ward to nickel, get Ingram in FA and draft
Tavarus McFadden, CB
R2: Martez Ivey, LT/LG
R3: Mason Cole, C/LG

Terrell Pryor follows Kirk Cousins in FA and we sign Hankins after his 1 year prove it deal rental and BOOM Superbowl.

TLDR: Malik Hooker = Championship
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I do hope, with the exception of Myles G or a trade down, that one of these 2 are the pick. It's either you prefer an all pro level safety (hooker) and a probowl level cb (ward) or a probowl level safety (ward) and an all pro level cb (lattimore). Given the importance of free safety in the new defensive scheme, im inclined to go hooker.

Have to remember that, unless we want to pay reid, we don't have solid depth behind ward at FS. If he goes down to another injury, who do we Have? If hooker goes down with injury, ward moves to FS with minimal drop off, and a Dontae Johnson comes in at corner.

Josh Sweat, LEO
Tavarus McFadden, CB

Terrell Pryor follows Kirk Cousins in FA and we sign Hankins after his 1 year prove it deal rental and BOOM Superbowl.

Yeah, I don't see any way that we don't draft at least 1 QB in here at some point......or are you anticipating we pick up Cousins next Fall? I think either way, at minimum we get a QB drafted somewhere.
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:

Josh Sweat, LEO
Tavarus McFadden, CB

Yeah, I don't see any way that we don't draft at least 1 QB in here at some point......or are you anticipating we pick up Cousins next Fall? I think either way, at minimum we get a QB drafted somewhere.

Kelly in the 7th and I really like this draft.

Josh Sweat, LEO
Tavarus McFadden, CB

Reddick is probably going to be a top 20 pick. Maybe even top 10.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Hooker will be the best safety in football in 5 years. Book it.

I don't think it will be that long!

No kidding, I think this kid steps in day one and makes plays. Hooker is gonna be a good one in the NFL, he makes plays all over the field, he also doesn't shy away from contact. If Garrett is gone, I wouldn't be mad at all if Hooker was the #2 overall pick.
Originally posted by jcs:
Where is the None of the Above option?

Ditto

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Reddick is probably going to be a top 20 pick. Maybe even top 10.

Give me Cunningham or Davis all the same
Share 49ersWebzone