LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Lorenzo Jerome-S-Saint Francis

5'10", short arms, 4.7 40, lacks all measurables but this guy has unreal level instincts. He's almost got a sixth sense for where the football is going and his college production proves that with 18 INT's, albeit at a lower level. He also had five turnovers in two offseason bowl games against much better competition. He's a former quarterback that seems to have a good grasp of what QB's do to try and manipulate a safety and has been well praised by how often he was in position to make a play on a pass.

While I don't know if Jerome will ever be a long-term starter in the NFL, I feel like he can have a long career simply due to his football instincts and awareness, even if that is in a backup role or as a special teams guy, returner or coverage. I think he will find ways to contribute and be a useful player at the NFL level. I think he's someone that Lynch could be intrigued by, a smart, hard hitting safety with upper echelon instincts and awareness, things that you just cannot coach. At worst he becomes useful depth on a quality roster.

Nice find. I'd like to have him as a UDFA
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:

You and every NFL team. He's likely to go somewhere between Round 4 and 6.
Can he play linebacker?
Mayock was real big on this kid thinking he would run faster then he did, still said he's a ball hawk who plays the run well..
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"he almost got a sixth sense" ... I hope he doesn't almost see dead football players on the field
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:

You and every NFL team. He's likely to go somewhere between Round 4 and 6.
Wow, haven't heard of him at all. I'd be okay with a 6th if we've addressed our other needs. Dude's talented, but I didn't even realize he had 4th round attention.. a little high for me.
I mocked him into one of my million mocks
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Mar 16, 2017 at 9:09 AM ]
SIGGGNNNNNNNNNNNNN HEEM!!

• 9moon
  • Veteran
GREAT SIGNING!!

I HAD HIM WITH IN MY FINAL MOCK AS A 5TH ROUNDER..
Share 49ersWebzone