LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

Robert Davis WR Georgia st.

• Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Wonder what his round projection would be. Wouldn't mind him late in an otherwise defensive heavy draft

I'm in the same boat wondering where he will go in the draft. Chad Reuter's resent 4 round mock draft did not have Davis in it. So with that logic he could be had in the 5th round or later.
[ Edited by Andra on Mar 16, 2017 at 8:19 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Andra:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Wonder what his round projection would be. Wouldn't mind him late in an otherwise defensive heavy draft

I'm in the same boat wondering where he will go in the draft. Chad Reuter's resent 4 round mock draft did not have Davis in it. So with that logic he could be had in the 5th round or later.

2 different sites I seen had him as a 6th rounder
Found some tape...im no analyst, nor do I pretend to be, but this is what I saw:

Preface by saying this was only one game, and his QB was really bad.

Not a natural hands catcher, especially on the deep ball. Qb made some pretty innacurate throws, but he struggled mightily in tracking and high pointing the ball in the few reps that I saw. Rather than go up and get the ball, he let it hit the cb in the back or waited for it to HOPEFULLY drop in over the shoulder. Also, dropped quite a few balls that hit him in the hands. He was, however, able to pluck a few balls out of the air, away from his body. Did not show any Vernon Davis esque body catches. Based on production in college (3500+ yards) he obviously can catch some.

Lacked crisp route running, with no suddeness or burst to his step. Not able to get much separation off of route running alone. Tripped over players in traffic as well.

Showed a willingness to engage in pass blocking, but not in sustaining the blocks.

Body language, to me, screamed frustration and then disinterest. Team was getting blown out, and he made it obvious he didn't think anything he did would change that. Similar to torrey smith last year, first he looked like he was mad the qb couldn't hit him, and then he had just given up completely.

Obviously, the elite size and athleticism should get him drafted, but probably not before the 5th round. I'd still want the miners to take a flyer personally.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Mar 21, 2017 at 9:36 PM ]
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Just saw this on YouTube

Love these "mid round potential" threads makes me hyped for the draft
That's what I'm talking about players can be found especially wrs. Qbs not so much. You need to draft a qb high to get your qb that you want to develop and make your franchise with. Alex smith was just the wrong choice plain n simple!
Share 49ersWebzone