There are 264 users in the forums

Post-combine: BPA @ #2,

Post-combine: BPA @ #2,

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Trubinsky

Why do so many have a hard time spelling his name.

SCRUBisky

TruBUSTky
Barrett easily imo
He may not be scouted or projected as second overall, but I think looking back on this draft in 2-3 seasons Garrett and Hooker will be the two in front of everyone else

Even if we are reaching for him at 2, I think Hooker can develop into an all-pro FS within 1-2 years

Want him bad there
Originally posted by Quest4six:
He may not be scouted or projected as second overall, but I think looking back on this draft in 2-3 seasons Garrett and Hooker will be the two in front of everyone else

Even if we are reaching for him at 2, I think Hooker can develop into an all-pro FS within 1-2 years

Want him bad there

If the Niners trade down, he's the guy they need to get. Instant difference maker.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This is Kyle Shanahan's first HC job. Guys like Trubisky, Watson, and Kizer get coaches fired and set a franchise back if they don't pan out.

But you can say that about any QB prospect that isn't a slam dunk.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
This is Kyle Shanahan's first HC job. Guys like Trubisky, Watson, and Kizer get coaches fired and set a franchise back if they don't pan out.

But you can say that about any QB prospect that isn't a slam dunk.

This is as good a reason as any to avoid any QB's in the first round.
Rueben Foster might be the best guy at #2 overall. This is a bad year to have the #2 pick IMO. But we have to pick somebody. Despite what happened at the combine which was stupid on his part he is the best middle linebacker for sure at a huge position of need for us. I think he is at least in the conversation. Some years there are 3 - 5 super elite prospects. This year I don't know? After #1 you got like 10 guys from #2 - #12 who are about equal at different positions. Ideally you want to trade back and stockpile some more picks. You may not be able to because people won't be lining up to trade up this year. I would rather pick #10 - #15 in this draft. There is no good reason to have the #2 pick in this draft when there isn't a clear cut choice.

But we may have to pick somebody. So who is it? IDK? Rueben Foster, Solomon Thomas or Jonathan Allen? That would be my guess. One of those 3 probably. I think any of those can be a good player. Are they great? Are they worth the #2 pick? IDK? I think this year is kind of weak in the top 5, top 10 after #1 overall that is. This is a super bad year to have the #2 pick. We just have to pick and hope for the best. I think we will get stuck picking because I doubt the #2 pick will be a real hot market item. Just like us other teams will see no clear cut choice at #2 overall.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 13, 2017 at 12:39 AM ]
Why put Corey Davis on the choices but not Mike Williams?? Best Player Available right? From a pure talent stand point (not needs) my rankings go:
1. Myles Garrett
2. Mike Williams
3. Malik Hooker
4. Solomon Thomas
5. Leonard Fournette
6. Jamal Adams
7. Jonathan Allen
8. Marshon Lattimore
9. Derek Barnett
10. Reuben Foster
11. Corey Davis
My pick: Mike Williams (don't trade back for him, Tennessee is stupid if they pass on him @ 5). Immediate difference maker, potentially making this an elite WR core if he's as good as what we all believe. I would be perfectly okay with Thomas as well at #2. I'm an offensive guy, who loves the big bodied WR. I think there is too much depth at RB in the draft to take Fournette at 2, same with the DBs listed, Foster has plenty of really good ILBs behind him as well.
Dream pick: Myles Garrett.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Trubinsky

Why do so many have a hard time spelling his name.

SCRUBisky

TruBUSTky
Phoenix49ers - Hold firm to the potential in Peterman.. that's the QB we want to draft. Trubisky at 2 is a reach IMO -- nvm, just realized you didn't say trubisky
[ Edited by 49erInTheMidwest on Mar 13, 2017 at 1:56 AM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Why put Corey Davis on the choices but not Mike Williams?? Best Player Available right? From a pure talent stand point (not needs) my rankings go:
1. Myles Garrett
2. Mike Williams
3. Malik Hooker
4. Solomon Thomas
5. Leonard Fournette
6. Jamal Adams
7. Jonathan Allen
8. Marshon Lattimore
9. Derek Barnett
10. Reuben Foster
11. Corey Davis
My pick: Mike Williams (don't trade back for him, Tennessee is stupid if they pass on him @ 5). Immediate difference maker, potentially making this an elite WR core if he's as good as what we all believe. I would be perfectly okay with Thomas as well at #2. I'm an offensive guy, who loves the big bodied WR. I think there is too much depth at RB in the draft to take Fournette at 2, same with the DBs listed, Foster has plenty of really good ILBs behind him as well.
Assuming M.Williams runs a 4.65 like expected...he may slip out of the top 10.

Between Allen and Thomas
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
1. Myles Garrett
2. Mike Williams
3. Malik Hooker
4. Solomon Thomas
5. Leonard Fournette
6. Jamal Adams
7. Jonathan Allen
8. Marshon Lattimore
9. Derek Barnett
10. Reuben Foster
11. Corey Davis
Assuming M.Williams runs a 4.65 like expected...he may slip out of the top 10.
Ran a 4.53 in high school at 210 pounds.. 218 now, and probably waay stronger, doubt he slowed that much.. We'll see at the pro day.
Really hope we take Foster at #2
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Really hope we take Foster at #2

Overrated, IMO. Played behind the best DL in college and was free to run around and make plays without worrying about OLs getting to him. He doesn't sound like a team player and definitely not a high character guy.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
If the Niners trade down, he's the guy they need to get. Instant difference maker.

I get that people want "value", but that only comes up if the player isn't great and someone else you could have had is.

If he goes at his "value" say #6 and dominates, everyone will say he was a steal.
Share 49ersWebzone