LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Post-combine: BPA @ #2,

Post-combine: BPA @ #2,

My overwhelming preference is to trade down. But who is the consensus #2 if they stay pit?
To me Solomon Thomas is the BPA at #2.

Myles Garrett would've been a perfect fit, our 2nd biggest need and crazy tape and athletic ability. Unfortunately even Cleveland can't blow this one so thanks Rams...

To me Solomon Thomas has the potential to be a dominant defender who is very versatile and could end up being better than Garrett when it's all said and done.

He may not be a perfect fit for what we need but he's a pass rusher which is definitely a need for us.

Coaches dream who will be a great player on the field, great leader off the field.
Garrett.
Trubinsky

Why do so many have a hard time spelling his name.
I want my vote back!!! The title of the thread is Best Player Available, and I honestly believe it's Hooker. For me he just looks special, people use the one year starter thing against him, but imagine how good he'll be when he develops!!!!!

I think we might end up picking Solomon Thomas and hoping Jimmie Ward is our Earl Thomas, but Hooker's range and ball skills are insane! He could make an OC rip out half his playbook, that is special.
I chose Thomas, but I really don't believe we'll be selecting at 2 come April 27 for a couple reasons.
Originally posted by genus49:
To me Solomon Thomas is the BPA at #2.

Myles Garrett would've been a perfect fit, our 2nd biggest need and crazy tape and athletic ability. Unfortunately even Cleveland can't blow this one so thanks Rams...

To me Solomon Thomas has the potential to be a dominant defender who is very versatile and could end up being better than Garrett when it's all said and done.

He may not be a perfect fit for what we need but he's a pass rusher which is definitely a need for us.

Coaches dream who will be a great player on the field, great leader off the field.

Good call!

People disliked when I said we should have played the 2nd string against Rams and every other team we played. We could have had Garrett.

Water under the bridge

Also agree on Solomon
Originally posted by English:
Garrett.

Agree

If not here then Thomas
Tribisky if there if not then fournette. Pass rusher can be had top second round like Charles Harris or watt
jamal

1A. Jamal Adams
1B. Solomon Thomas

I'd be happy with either of these guys, but trading down would be better value if possible.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I have a crush on Corey Davis, but its got to be Johnathan Allen. Shoulder arthritis or not dude is dominant.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Thomas.
If garrets gone it's Allen, Thomas, Hooker, or Adams. And if lynch likes our safety's and D line enough we are trading down for sure.
I'd be happy with Solomon Thomas, Corey Davis, or Ruben Foster.

Thomas is probably BPA.... I'd be happy with that only if coaches see him fitting in as the weakside DE. This front could be fierce on passing downs:
Lynch - Armstead - Buckner - Thomas

Corey Davis might be a bit of a reach at #2, but we need serious offensive weapons. Davis fits that bill. He's a top 15 player, might as well be ours if we have to pick at #2.

Foster is a top 5 talent. I expect he will be back in that conversation after his pro day.
Share 49ersWebzone