Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by genus49:
Which reports? And the Justin Smith comparison is more due to a guy who doesn't fit the "traditional" idea still excelling at that spot, much like I believe Thomas can do.

I think he'll be just fine on the outside. If they decide to move him inside on obvious passing downs and bring in someone one dimensional that's fine too but I don't think it's needed with him.

There have been very few guys like Thomas. A good coach will find a way to play this kid and have him excel. Plus Thomas played interior and outside in Stanford.

I love Soloman Thomas.

He can play anywhere and will play with 100% effort and passion. When Lynch was talking up Earl Mitchell he talked about working hard, setting and example and running to the ball. Watch plays of Thomas chasing down running backs on screens or tosses. He goes 100 miles an hour all the time.

Seahawks D-Line:

LDE- Michael Bennett (6'3, 273) ----- Frank Clark (6'1, 270)
NT- Ahtyba Rubin (6'3, 330) ----- John Jenkins (6'4, 345)
DT- Jarran Reed (6'3, 310) ---- Tony McDaniel (6'7, 305)
RDE- Cliff Avril (6'3, 260) ----- Damontre Moore (6'4, 250)

Nickel D-Line

LDE- Frank Clark
DT- Michael Bennett
DT- Jarran Reed
RDE- Cliff Avril

Compared to ours:

LDE- Soloman Thomas (6'3, 273) -----Jordan Willis (6'3, 255)
NT- Dalvin Tomlinson (6'3, 310) ----- Mike Purcell (6'3, 305)
DT- DeForest Buckner (6'7, 300)---- Earl Mitchell (6'2, 296)
RDE- Aaron Lynch (6'5, 249) ---- Eli Harold (6'3, 247) or Ronald Blair (6'2, 285)

Nickel D-Line:

LDE- Jordan Willis
DT- Soloman Thomas
DT- DeForest Buckner
RDE- Aaron Lynch

*Earl Mitchell is not a NT. Never has been. He is a penetrating DT who has never been stout vs the run. I don't think we are done at the NT position and we will look to add a true run stuffer for the middle of our D-line.

*I don't see a spot for Arik Armstead (6'7, 300), Quinton Dial (6'5, 320) or Ronald Blair (6'2, 285) on the D-line. Where will they play? Just because Armstead was a high draft pick does not mean we will play him where he doesn't fit. He is not a DE in a 4-3. He lacks the explosiveness. He is not a DT because he doesn't play with leverage and will get owned in the run game. I think he will get moved. I love Blair but again, where does he fit? We may keep him around at DE if Harold doesn't show anything.

*We need to add at least one more speed rusher (Jordan Willis) to fit the role Frank Clark plays on nickle downs when our LDE (Michael Bennett) slides in to DT to replace the NT on passing downs. Soloman Thomas is a perfect fit to be our Michael Bennett.

Draft:
1- Solomon Thomas, DE- Stanford 6'3, 273
The announcers in the North Carolina game said it best. "Soloman Thomas, Whats your position? Football" This guy is a monster. He singlehandedly takes over games. His work ethic, passion and leadership are second to none. Line him up at LEO, line him up at DT. Put him at OLB. It doesn't matter. He will make plays and fly to the ball. I don't care that we took two D linemen in consecutive years. That was Baalkes picks. Thomas will be Lynch's first ever pick and if he is anything like Justin Smith he will be a dominant force and a team leader for a decade. I really like Marshon Lattimore but it starts in the trenches. He will play the role that Michael Bennett plays in Seattle.

2- Jordan Willis, DE- Kansas State 6'3, 255
Pure, explosive pass rusher. Might be the best speed rusher in the draft. Very similar to Cliff Avril in Seattle. We desperatley need a pass rush to make this D work. A nickel D line of Jordan Willis - Soloman Thomas - DeForest Buckner could be deadly.

3- Dalvin Tomlinson, NT- Alabama 6'3, 310
Wins with leverage, power and technique. Beast of a man who is also very smart and could have gone to Harvard. He is leader and a model citizen. I love this guy.

Agree with Ghost....awesome post. If there is an edge rusher that Shalyn Masters think is an IMPACT player, Solomon,(Stanford so well coached) ,Jordan Willis, or Calvin Tomlinson (ALA so well coached), then we take him. Put Barnett in too, for laughs. If not thot of as an impact player, then consider trading down for 2 picks in rd 1.

UNLESS...Cleve has already decided thta they screwed up on passing on Wentz last yr with trading down, and will not make this same mistake this yr. So they go Watson bang!. Leaving us with an interesting decision. First off wait to take Myles name up to the podium.. See if someone floats a "2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds" in front of us. If so i would have to take that offer. That would make 2 picks in all 7 rds this yr, plus doubles in rds 1,2 and 3 next yr. That is the trade that makes teams into dynasties. No, i don't expect Myles to be there, but if so, am just saying don't be hasty taking the pick to the podium.