LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Tyus Bowser-OLB-Houston

Originally posted by Heroism:
If Kyle wants to duplicate what Atlanta does--and there's no guarantee he does--Tyus Bowser is the type of player you're looking for on the edge. Atlanta used their undersized yet athletic players to their advantage and would assault with teams with a barrage of stunts, twists, slants, etc. They completely overwhelmed Seattle with this in their playoff game.

Tyus Bowser would be a perfect fit in that type of scheme.

here is a great breakdown of how Atlanta used their line's athleticism to overwhelm the Seahawks:

Totally agree! I have zero problem taking Solomon at 2 and bowser at 34
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 17, 2017 at 6:58 PM ]
Look at Eli Harold's combine numbers and then Tyus'. Now, fire up the tape. Eli never played off the ball as much as Bowser does. Bowser covered everything from an inline tight end to a wide receiver in the slot. Eli never stood tackles up while setting a concrete edge like Bowser. Bowser is a much better player and athlete.

They're nothing alike. The NFL comparisons this year on the draft profiles have been terrible and cringeworthy.

They always are. Good breakdowns of their skills but whoever does the player comparisons seems to just randomly select someone.
If Kyle wants to duplicate what Atlanta does--and there's no guarantee he does--Tyus Bowser is the type of player you're looking for on the edge. Atlanta used their undersized yet athletic players to their advantage and would assault with teams with a barrage of stunts, twists, slants, etc. They completely overwhelmed Seattle with this in their playoff game.

Tyus Bowser would be a perfect fit in that type of scheme.

here is a great breakdown of how Atlanta used their line's athleticism to overwhelm the Seahawks:

Agreed. Bowser would fit in great here
Edge-rusher Tyus Bowser, Houston http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2699616-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-pro-day-buzz-and-updated-2017-mock-draft?utm_campaign=tsiphone&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter.com

As my team gets ready for NFL Draft 400 final reports, I sent my top 300 around to a handful of NFL contacts. Two of those people replied that we need to revisit Tyus Bowser. So we did. And he's moving up.

Bowser, a 6'3", 247-pound defensive weapon, can play with his hand in the dirt or standing up off the edge. He's a top-tier athlete, and one team I spoke with feels like he could be molded into an excellent pass-rusher in nickel situations. Bowser's name will start heating up, with a good shot he makes it into the top two rounds.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Like this kid at SAM
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Like this kid at SAM

I think he would be a great fit for our defense day 1
Just for s**ts and giggles, I wanted to see how Bowser stacked up to Bruce Irvin--the prototype at SAM--as a pure athlete. Surprisingly, they were very close in every category, most notably 3-cone--which is critical for an edge rusher. From a physical standpoint, the biggest difference between the two appears to be their frames. Bowser looks like he's maxed out. The guy is already jacked as s**t. Bruce Irvin had room to grow coming out and grew into a 260 lbs body.

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 26, 2017 at 7:44 PM ]
Just for s**ts and giggles, I wanted to see how Bowser stacked up to Bruce Irvin--the prototype at SAM--as a pure athlete. Surprisingly, they were very close in every category, most notably 3-cone--which is critical for an edge rusher. From a physical standpoint, the biggest difference between the two appears to be their frames. Bowser looks like he's maxed out. The guy is already jacked as s**t. Bruce Irvin had room to grow coming out and grew into a 260 lbs body.

Irvin's shuttle is not fair. It's just not fair.

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Irvin's shuttle is not fair. It's just not fair.

Right!?
How's his first name pronounced? Tie us? Tus?
Damn, he chokeslammed the running back.

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 29, 2017 at 10:15 PM ]
Great looking prospect. Sign me up. Would work out great if we can trade down for an extra 2nd rounder.
Damn, he chokeslammed the running back.

Share 49ersWebzone