LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 331 users in the forums

De'Angelo Henderson&DJ Pumphrey...Value thunder&lightning?

Discuss. I really like Henderson who looks like a baby Jerome Bettis w/some wheels on him who I think can be a good compliment to Hyde,fits the zone Shanny wants to run and Pumphrey who would allow us to use him wherever Shanny wants and don't have to spend a high pick on someone like McAffrey.

Thoughts?
Henderson is my favorite late round RB, I think he can outstanding in the 49ers new offensive scheme.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Henderson is my favorite late round RB, I think he can outstanding in the 49ers new offensive scheme.

Didn't even know about him before today so I'm not gonna lie. I love his size,speed and burst. Could be a guy who turns out to be a better pro and boy it would be huge if we took him later and we got Alfred Morris like productivity when he was a rookie in Shannys system. Looked up his nfl.com profile and he seems like he would be a great fit who can take some hits as well. Think of if sproles and Jerome Bettis had a baby. That's deangelo lol.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/de'angelo-henderson?id=2557850

What do you think about Pumphrey getting stronger for a year as he's used on ST,screens,motions,screens etc his rookie year? I think Hunt can be another value guy as well, didn't run fast but he's more football fast that's shifty w/good feet.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Mar 3, 2017 at 3:04 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Henderson is a revelation to me. Never saw him play, but what i've seen now is evident: outstanding on-field athleticism. As a college kid, he looks better than mjd as a college kid in some ways.

Big thing is he has instant, real quickness from a strong base that can function on field.

I dont think 4th round is too early.
This guy will produce.
Love me some Pumphrey! I reckon 6th or 7th due to his puny bench, tiny frame and hands, but the kid plays bigger and faster and looks to have a great feel for outside zone
Share 49ersWebzone