There are 164 users in the forums

Eddie Jackson S, Alabama

• krizay
  • Veteran
I have done myself a disservice up until last night. I never even looked at the SS, CB or DT prospects up to this point because IMO we dont need to draft any. Then i seen mention of Eddie Jackson being in this draft and was like WAIT A MINUTE. There he sat in the SS category.

a couple years ago i got as excited about watching him play as i did the honey badger and Michael Crabtree and couldn't wait for them to enter the draft. Christian Kirk falls into that category for next year.

Anyway, I don't recall seeing ANYONE taking him in any mocks. He's coming off a fractured leg. Which i know i injuries hasnt been good to us in the past. He's projected to go in the 3rd. To me he's the best DB in this draft. If he comes back healthy someone is getting a steal.

I know he's listed as a SS on most draft sites but he is a true FS and would EASILY be our Earl Thomas.

[ Edited by krizay on Oct 26, 2017 at 7:04 AM ]
Nice, in terms of injuries broken legs are really easy to come back from, as long as there's no ankle or knee ligament damage. What do you think the chances are that he's still there with our 3rd?

I think #34 will have so many options, I'm more excited about that than #2
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Mar 2, 2017 at 7:32 AM ]
He played on Bama, nice prospect coming off an injury..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Mar 2, 2017 at 5:31 PM ]
Nice find there
He would be a good draft pick if we get him, Reed is always getting hurt hes another concussion away from retiring
Huge under the radar talent, if he wasn't hurt for the 2nd part of the season he could have been the #1 safety in this years class. He could be a surprise pick in a trade back scenario or maybe a trade up from #33
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Since07:
Huge under the radar talent, if he wasn't hurt for the 2nd part of the season he could have been the #1 safety in this years class. He could be a surprise pick in a trade back scenario or maybe a trade up from #33

Projected 3rd day.
Torn ACL in 2014, no thanks. in the last 3 years he's suffered 2 major injuries.
Watched him last year, his PR skills are impressive. Really like him as a FS, he played CB some.

PS I took him in the webzone mock for the Titans pick 125 I think
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Apr 26, 2017 at 4:49 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Since07:

Projected 3rd day.

Oh really? Damn to Baalke or not to Baalke?

I've seen 2nd-4th round
The Chicago Sun Times' Adam Jahns thinks a starting safety spot is fourth-rounder Eddie Jackson's to lose.
Jackson made a highlight-reel play in the second preseason game, going up high to almost pull in a one-handed interception in the end zone, and he has apparently been making similar plays all camp. In fact, Jahns writes Jackson "has arguably been the Bears' best defensive back." With Jackson joining Quintin Demps, Prince Amukamara, and Marcus Cooper, the Bears could send out an entirely new secondary Week 1.
Safety Eddie Jackson was the last of the 10 Alabama players selected in the 2017 NFL Draft. He won't be the last to start an NFL game.

Jackson joined the Chicago Bears in the fourth round on April 29. He's scheduled to start at safety when they open the 2017 season on Sunday.
Now, in 2017 that issue may be resolved. On nearly every play Jackson was either playing cover-one deep or the deep half on a cover-two. The Falcons respected it. A lot of people can give credit to the Bears front seven for keeping this offense in check, and while they did, they also were not looking to test this team deep.

On the one big deep attempt of the game, an 88-yard bomb to Austin Hooper, Jackson just so happened to be in the box.

Aside from that pass the deep ball was being held in check and Jackson had a lot to do with it. This will help the defense as a whole, as they shrink the field and contain quarterbacks into tight spaces. While Jackson did not make an impact play in this game, his impact is already being felt schematically.

Fansided
Looking good against Vikings, great 4th round pick.

And OP its Alabama not Oklahoma
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Oct 9, 2017 at 8:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone