There are 194 users in the forums

Budda Baker FS Washington

Mike mayock special. Loves the kid. Can add as much as size as he wants with no issue,
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I see hooker as a pretty signficantly better prospect, but if we somehow get Myles in the first, would be happy with him at 34

I'm not saying baker is as good as hooker but the difference is 2 vs 34

Another FS prospect is Marcus Williams...

Per PFF

"Marcus Williams was one of our second-team All-American safeties in 2016, as he put together an all-around outstanding season (he led all FBS safeties in run-stop percentage). Possibly the most eye-popping stat on him this season was his 0.09 yards surrendered per coverage snap. This metric takes the total yardage a player allows into his coverage and divides it by the number of coverage snaps played, and is a way to gauge the efficiency of a player's production in coverage. Texas A&M's Justin Evans was the next-closest safety (likely to be drafted within the first three rounds) to Williams, at 0.53. Not surprisingly, Williams also led all qualifying FBS safeties (more than 100 coverage snaps played) in total yards allowed, with just 38. While players like LSU's Jamal Adams and Ohio State's Malik Hooker are getting all the top-15 hype (and for good reason), Williams may have had the best statistical season in 2016 of this year's loaded safety class."

In terms of value, Williams or Budda on the second day >>>>> Hooker at 2.
Lynch is probably chewing his nails deciding on a FS in first like Hooker, FS in the second on like Baker... Or Ward.
Disposition-wise, Budda Baker strikes me as a player Lynch would love.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 23, 2017 at 2:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Disposition-wise, Budda Baker strikes as a player Lynch would love.

True dat.
Baker is one of the players I want most. This is a great safety class and I think Baker is the perfect fit for what we're looking for. Hooker gets the edge in coverage, but he can't compare in run support.

He'll be a steal at #34.
Originally posted by strickac:
Baker is one of the players I want most. This is a great safety class and I think Baker is the perfect fit for what we're looking for. Hooker gets the edge in coverage, but he can't compare in run support.

He'll be a steal at #34.

I think you can trade down some spots and still get him in the second.. but then you're gambling.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:

He'll be a steal at #34.

I have 4 guys i really want

Charles Harris
Budda Baker
Takkarist McKinley
Cordrea Tankersley

make that 5.... Jalen Reeves-Maybin as well

any 2 or 3 of these guys and im excited. Would be awesome to be able to do some strategic trade downs to get 3 of the top 4 then Maybin later
Really like this kid. Obviously depends on who we take in the first rd, but Charles Harris and Corey Davis and Budda Baker are guys I would love at 34

Am I nuts or does anyone else see Jimmie Ward 2.0?

That isn't a bad thing at all, but these highlights are mostly in the box/slot. Not sure he brings anything we don't already have.

Adams brings elite physicality and intangibles while Hooker brings elite range and ball skills.
Originally posted by post_primitive:

That isn't a bad thing at all, but these highlights are mostly in the box/slot. Not sure he brings anything we don't already have.

Adams brings elite physicality and intangibles while Hooker brings elite range and ball skills.

I was just coming here to post this!!!! He does remind me a lot of Jimmy Ward coming out of Northern Illinois
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by post_primitive:

I was just coming here to post this!!!! He does remind me a lot of Jimmy Ward coming out of Northern Illinois

Yeah and ill gladly keep my Jimmie at CB to give us a great,young trio with Rashard and Redmond. Let Budda continue to do his thing as well.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Doubt he's a first rounder. Way too small. Look what happened to Bob Sanders. Talented but always hurt.

I agree even tho he's two inches taller than Sanders (5'8), Bob was pretty thick for his height tho (206 lbs). Earl Thomas is 5'10 200lbs... Budda is only 180, there's no way he puts on 20 pounds of natural muscle in a year or even two. Some guys are just injury prone, I don't know if he is, but I can guarantee he'll get hurt at 180 lbs and start to get injury prone from there on. He might even get hurt in practice

The kid has a lot of speed and heart tho. I always appreciate that...

Kinda like Jimmy Ward.
There are some really good safeties in this class, but I really don't see us taking one. The team pretty much said Ward is going to FS and Reid to SS. We have a lot of young talented CBs. so if we do, i'd imagine its at the end of the draft. second round we will most likely taking a D-lineman that has slid or a skill position player. That is just my opinion.

I really see us trading our second rounder for someones first next year though. just a gut feeling.
Share 49ersWebzone