There are 273 users in the forums

Budda Baker FS Washington

Alot of people think he's better suited to be a Mathieu opposed to a centerfielder. He's a very good blitzer and plays better at the line. He does have some coverage problems on deep balls and struggles with tackling due to his frame. He's also not even close to being the playmaker Thomas was. 5 picks in 3 seasons to 8 in 1 year. I doubt you'll find an Earl past the 1st or 2nd safety off the board. Best just sticking with Ward and upgrading something else opposed to adding another Ward, Taart.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I see hooker as a pretty signficantly better prospect, but if we somehow get Myles in the first, would be happy with him at 34

I'm not saying baker is as good as hooker but the difference is 2 vs 34

Another FS prospect is Marcus Williams...

Per PFF

"Marcus Williams was one of our second-team All-American safeties in 2016, as he put together an all-around outstanding season (he led all FBS safeties in run-stop percentage). Possibly the most eye-popping stat on him this season was his 0.09 yards surrendered per coverage snap. This metric takes the total yardage a player allows into his coverage and divides it by the number of coverage snaps played, and is a way to gauge the efficiency of a player's production in coverage. Texas A&M's Justin Evans was the next-closest safety (likely to be drafted within the first three rounds) to Williams, at 0.53. Not surprisingly, Williams also led all qualifying FBS safeties (more than 100 coverage snaps played) in total yards allowed, with just 38. While players like LSU's Jamal Adams and Ohio State's Malik Hooker are getting all the top-15 hype (and for good reason), Williams may have had the best statistical season in 2016 of this year's loaded safety class."
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 19, 2017 at 8:46 AM ]
love this kid

Love me some Budda Baker.
Originally posted by Heroism:

If everyone is so high on taking a FS I'd rather go get him at 34 vs spend the 2nd overall on Hooker. Both are good prospects but I see a lot of E Thomas in Baker.

Love me some Budda and wake and Baker.
Originally posted by JBrack:

HA
Originally posted by NYniner85:

HA

Lol

I personally am higher on Marcus than I am Baker.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY want the 49ers to draft this guy. He is a beast.
There's some nice looking safeties in this class, but Baker is the one that reminds me of Earl Thomas. He's solid in coverage and so active in the run game.

I'd be very happy with him at #34.
One thing I love about Earl Thomas is how much passion he plays with. The guy is ready to kill or be killed on every snap.

I see that same intangible in Budda Baker. One of the main reasons I really like him.

I like him more now
Share 49ersWebzone