LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

2017 Fullback options???

If you've never seen Kyle Juszczyk play and your a fan of fullbacks, you're missing out. The guy is Tom Rathman all over again. He's hands down the best fullback in the league.

[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 21, 2017 at 11:33 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
kyle juszczyk and patrick dimarco, both free agents, are our best options.

I think this is where we will go, with say a 6th. rounder as a backup. I REMEMBER SCREAMING TO TAKE JUSZCZYK IN DRAFT. I watch a lot of IVY league ball, and knew he'd be great. Dimarco, however knows the offense and Kyle knows the guy too. expect many/any Atlanta FA on offense to get looks by Shanny.

I think this is where we will go, with say a 6th. rounder as a backup. I REMEMBER SCREAMING TO TAKE JUSZCZYK IN DRAFT. I watch a lot of IVY league ball, and knew he'd be great. Dimarco, however knows the offense and Kyle knows the guy too. expect many/any Atlanta FA on offense to get looks by Shanny.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'll be very surprised if Shanahan doesn't bring DeMarco in...he's a good blocker and even better, a very good receiver. He just fits what Shanahan wants to do.

this is what WILL happen

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'll be very surprised if Shanahan doesn't bring DeMarco in...he's a good blocker and even better, a very good receiver. He just fits what Shanahan wants to do.

this is what WILL happen

Originally posted by cools:
DiMarco made the Pro bowl with zero rushing attempts and just 7 catches
Whoa! he must be a fantastic blocking back

Either him or Jusz, no one else.

Cross-train a big RB or TE to back him up

This is a solid plan, or draft his backup( a big tailback/wing back like Roger Craig, or TE/FB tweener), if you go the draft route for backup
If you've never seen Kyle Juszczyk play and your a fan of fullbacks, you're missing out. The guy is Tom Rathman all over again. He's hands down the best fullback in the league.

I like him a lot, he was a college TE that can do everything, played in the offense under Kubiak as well. Baltimore is trying to re-sign him but if he hits the open market, I'd love for the 49ers to sign him.
Mike Tolbert got cut from the Panthers. Shanahan has seen him in action. How would he rate as an option at FB in Shanahan's system?
Originally posted by E-49er:
Mike Tolbert got cut from the Panthers. Shanahan has seen him in action. How would he rate as an option at FB in Shanahan's system?

Over the hill, dude is done.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I like him a lot, he was a college TE that can do everything, played in the offense under Kubiak as well. Baltimore is trying to re-sign him but if he hits the open market, I'd love for the 49ers to sign him.

sign him. but he has one hard name to say..
Originally posted by kazak13:
sign him. but he has one hard name to say..

The name is "Juice"
Share 49ersWebzone