Name: *DOnta Foreman
College: Texas
Height: 6-1 Weight: 249
Position: RB Pos2: FB
Class/Draft Year: Jr/2017
40 Low: 4.58 40 Time: 4.58 40 High: 4.68
Projected Round: 4

link
kyle juszczyk and patrick dimarco, both free agents, are our best options.
Originally posted by Heroism:

This
just get a vet as a FB. we need somebody who knows how to pick up blocks and knows his assignment. no need to waste a pick drafting a FB.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Feb 20, 2017 at 6:26 PM ]
Sam Roberts 5th round.
I'll be very surprised if Shanahan doesn't bring DeMarco in...he's a good blocker and even better, a very good receiver. He just fits what Shanahan wants to do.

This. Neither of these guys are going to be expensive, both have experience in this offense.
i remember the days we had William Floyd or Tommy Vardell.. i think we need someone like Allstott.. someone like Tolbert..
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. Neither of these guys are going to be expensive, both have experience in this offense.

looking at Kyle's recent offenses in Atlanta, the FB really hasn't been that big of a part of the offense. '15 Dimarco got 1 carry and 18 targets and last year he got no carries and 7 targets. So it seems like he FB is primarily a blocking position in his offense. That's a bit of a departure from what we think of as a traditional WCO. Therefore, I think we could possibly get by with more h-back/move TEs to fulfill the roll if one doesn't present its self. It's a shame Bruce had to go full f**king retard because i think he could have been a real asset in Kyle's scheme.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Feb 21, 2017 at 12:00 AM ]
Originally posted by tohara3:

This

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Our best option departed (even tho Shanny wanted him around)...
Yeah miller messed up, maybe one of the back up te's can make the switch or bring in fa. I'm sure Shannon will find someone to fill the void.
  • cools
  • Veteran
DiMarco made the Pro bowl with zero rushing attempts and just 7 catches
Whoa! he must be a fantastic blocking back

Either him or Jusz, no one else.

Cross-train a big RB or TE to back him up
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Line from Michigan State is a lead blocking beast.
I just read that DeMarco played 31% of the offensive snaps in Atlanta...I'd say he'd have a similar role if Shanahan brings him to the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone