LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Which QB will be the best?

Which QB will be the best?

Originally posted by Draftology:
Has he ever coached a player that ended up having a successful NFL career?

The legend they call Case Keenum
If tribisky can learn a playbook fast I think Mitch is the real deal. Peterman may not be a popular vote but I think he has the tools if he gets a shot. But the most successful qb in this draft will be the guy who is accepted by his coaches and teammates and gets the teaching and patience to develop into something. Don't think Watson has the tools to be a qb at next level being a one read guy.kiser has to develop a little with accuracy, and kaaya looks great but unsure how he would do as a pro in a pro style offense with different drops n play action.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Has he ever coached a player that ended up having a successful NFL career?

The legend they call Case Keenum

I like 3 quarterbacks in this years draft.
1.Davis Webb
2.Brad Kaaya
3.Pat Mahomes
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think either Mahomes or Webb will be the best...both played at TT and were coached by Kliff Kingsbury. KK knows how to develop QB's and both guys have a lot of the "it" factor, IMHO. It'll be interesting to see them compete against the more well known QB's at the combine...I think they'll more than hold their own.

who has he developed?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Whoever gets drafted by NE.
5. Mahomes - How many times do we have to fall for this kind of prospect to figure out it doesn't work? Great physical tools, but mechanics are an absolute mess. On top of that is coming from a system that has failed to produce an great NFL QB. Has Vince Young written all over him.

Derek Carr pretty much came from the same system. Jimmy g came from air raid, and people are all over him.
5. Mahomes - How many times do we have to fall for this kind of prospect to figure out it doesn't work? Great physical tools, but mechanics are an absolute mess. On top of that is coming from a system that has failed to produce an great NFL QB. Has Vince Young written all over him.

Derek Carr pretty much came from the same system. Jimmy g came from air raid, and people are all over him.

Carr did play in a pro-style offense at one point in college and Jimmy G has had 3 yrs to learn the NE's system. I don't dislike Mahomes, but I think he needs to be rebuilt to be a WCO QB. People are talking about him being a late first early 2nd which IMO is too much for a team that needs starters not more developmental prospects..we got enough of those
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Carr did play in a pro-style offense at one point in college and Jimmy G has had 3 yrs to learn the NE's system. I don't dislike Mahomes, but I think he needs to be rebuilt to be a WCO QB. People are talking about him being a late first early 2nd which IMO is too much for a team that needs starters not more developmental prospects..we got enough of those

Did they run a pro style offense in 2011?

Good points . Pats mechanics are brutal to look at but those throws are so beautiful, sometimes they blind my judgement and makes me wonder how good he'll look when somebody fixes them
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Feb 21, 2017 at 8:23 AM ]

Did they run a pro style offense in 2011?

Good points . Pats mechanics are brutal to look at but those throws are so beautiful, sometimes they blind my judgement and makes me wonder how good he'll look when somebody fixes them

They did.

yeah I love the idea of him as a prospect, just gonna take time and I'd rather draft a project like him in the 3rd or 4th not the 1st or 2nd when we need instant starters at so many other spots.

They did.

yeah I love the idea of him as a prospect, just gonna take time and I'd rather draft a project like him in the 3rd or 4th not the 1st or 2nd when we need instant starters at so many other spots.

One would argue it takes most rookies 2-3 years anyways to get going. And with all the holes on our team, it's gonna take the same time frame to build the rest of the team.
Watson because of the "it" factor, he has it.
They did.

One would argue it takes most rookies 2-3 years anyways to get going. And with all the holes on our team, it's gonna take the same time frame to build the rest of the team.

Didn't take Carr,Dak, Wilson, wentz that long? I mean I get it most qbs coming out of college will be projects and need time but most 1st or early 2nd rd qbs don't get that long to learn. I'm not burning a top 50 pick on such a project when there are other more pro ready players at other positions of need.
Didn't take Carr,Dak, Wilson, wentz that long? I mean I get it most qbs coming out of college will be projects and need time but most 1st or early 2nd rd qbs don't get that long to learn. I'm not burning a top 50 pick on such a project when there are other more pro ready players at other positions of need.

Wilson was effective right away, so was Dak (had the best possible circumstances for a rookie). Carr though? Carr got insanely better after his rookie year. His rookie year wasn't bad but 5.5 y/a and td/int rate went up dramatically. Carson wentz was okay but I'm sure eagles expect wayyyy more for future years than 16td 14 int

Edit: s**t Kirk cousins took like 3 years of sitting to become a quality starter but yea he was a mid round to late pick
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Feb 21, 2017 at 10:11 AM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think either Mahomes or Webb will be the best...both played at TT and were coached by Kliff Kingsbury. KK knows how to develop QB's and both guys have a lot of the "it" factor, IMHO. It'll be interesting to see them compete against the more well known QB's at the combine...I think they'll more than hold their own.

It appears he does a better job developing them for the college game than the NFL game, much the same way he was a quarterback, spending the bulk of his career on the practice squad.
Share 49ersWebzone